• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Body lift 3" to 2" install

jasonmcc

Loc.
Nola -> Utah
Any watch outs or tips when going from a 3" BL to a 2"? I've read up and watched install videos but everything I've seen is going taller not shorter.

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
just make sure you put tape over the hole in the frame just behind the front seats. if you drop the bolt or bushing in that hole its a b&$%h to get out

JSBX

Contributor
I did this a couple weeks ago. I went from a 3" to a 1" body lift. Custom bumpers had to be trimmed. Brake line from master cylinder to proportional vale had to be rerouted. 23 gal. fuel tank had to be lowered. I had a collapsible steering shaft so I did not have to modify it. Clutch rod had to be shortened. Floor had to be modified due to having a four speed transmission. Check your exhaust. PO had one of the exhaust hangers bolted to the body so I had to modify that. Also check your fan and fan shroud. Hope you don't have to deal with everything I did. Just giving you somethings to look at.

OP
OP
jasonmcc

jasonmcc

Loc.
Nola -> Utah
This is what I was looking for. Thanks guys! I ended up having to cut and reweld 1.25" out of the clutch and shift rods. Other than that it was pretty easy. Feeling a little more confident about doing the SL myself.

Last edited: