• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Body Lift for AOD conversion??

Big Rig

Loc.
San Diego, CA
I've asked this question before... A 1" BL will do the trick, otherwise you'll have to cut up the tunnel. A few guys here will say that they didn't need one, but 99% will say that it's required.

ctay

I needed it for mine. I put a 2" in there for fun, but I think a 1" would work.

Chris

Brettman

Loc.
Houston
I am going with the AOD as well and I am planning a 2 in. BL along with a 2.5 suspension lift.

Brettman

tonto

Bronco Guru
With new body bushings you do not need a body lift, a body lift does help with the install but it's not required.
I did make a 1" body lift from 1/2" phenolic with a hole saw to make the install easier, it make acess to the bolts to the adapter on the t-case & tranny sides a little easier.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I used a 2'' body lift. When I put the body back on with the AOD in place, I measured 3/4'' from the highest point of the trans to the closest part of the body. Now that is only 1/4'' of interference. you could bash in the floor to get the room, or lower the trans mount some, or install 1/2'' spacers in the body mount. Or install a 1'' body lift like everyone says to do. Messing with body mounts suck's. You could cut out the part of the floor that hits the trans. It is a very small area. Then weld in some reinforcement. The work would not show from the top.

Bax