• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Body lift question

JdubO

Newbie to the forum so bear with me. I'm in the process of an engine rebuild / installation of 351W. I bought the truck ('74) years ago with that engine. I decided to rebuild with new heads, intake, etc. I purchased an MSD 83541 ready to run distributor. I didn't do enough homework to find out that with my stock suspension the distributor is too tall for the hood to close. My question is whether I can add body lift to allow the hood clearance for the distributor (and room for carb). If not I'll need to go with a different distributor. Anyone had a similar experience?

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
I'll bet someone on here has had your issue. I'm not much help since mine is a 4BT Cummins .
... Guys can anyone answer his question.
...OH & JdubO Welcome aboard the addiction. We'r all crazy Just some more than others.

EPB72

Contributor
Loc.
Pleasant Hill, CA
How tall is it from the flange that contacts the block to the top of the cap???I have a duraspark with wide cap that i can measure to compare with yours ..

a 1 inch body lift is a good option in my opinion.

OP
OP
J

JdubO

How tall is it from the flange that contacts the block to the top of the cap???I have a duraspark with wide cap that i can measure to compare with yours ..

a 1 inch body lift is a good option in my opinion.
Sorry I realized I never replied to you. Went with the 1" lift. Now working on tranny (never ending)