• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

body side molding

rmiller747

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Highland, Mi
I searched the old forums but could not find the answer to this. I am new to the bronco world so sorry if this has been posted. thanks for the help.

I would like to install the body side molding on my bronco (that did not originally have it). I found the kits on various suppliers web pages but am curious about installation. I realize you must pop rivet the fastener on and then use the supplied plastic clip or butterfly clamp to fasten the molding to the body. But my question is how do i know where to put the rivets? Do people usually just line up the molding above the charecter line and wing it or is there a specified process/locations for these rivets?

thanks for the help.

Rich

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yes they go right above the body line, what you may want to do is hold a piece in place, just slide it along the side and mark the center, then you can drill the holes for the rivets

OP
OP
rmiller747

rmiller747

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Highland, Mi
If you use the tape how do you apply it. isn't the back of the molding hollow where the plastic clip would go?

abrush

Loc.
Springfield, NE
Yes, the back of the molding is hollow. I tried to use double sided tape on mine and couldn't get it to work so I too am curious how backwoodsbronco installed his with it. I guess if you could find some really thick stuff it might make it a lot easier.

stock1970

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Olathe, Kansas
if you live close to kansas city I could come by and we could use my bronco as a guide to where the molding goes..or you could look at some pics on the gallery and just save the pics then zoom in on the..

OP
OP
rmiller747

rmiller747

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Highland, Mi
Stock 1970. Thanks. I live in Buckner Kentucky (just north of louisville)... I will check out your gallery. I was looking for something like ....the pop rivets are fastened in 1-3/8" directly above the top character line or ?....not sure if that is a valid way to look at it or not.

Thanks
Rich