• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bosch two speed wiper. need contact info.

Sac '68 sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Orangevale
Anyone know where I might be able to look to find some contact info. for my Bosch 2 speed wipers? Looked all over the net and found nothing but places to buy new ones. I even e-mailed Bosch headquarters and got no reply. A-holes.
I bought a set from Wild Horses a couple of years ago and now the auto park on one of them doesn't work. The wiper just wipes away even when the switch is set to park/off.
I contacted WildHorses and they no longer carry the Bosch brand, they switched to MarinCo, and they won't touch it, and WildHorses doesn't have any suggested contact info. for Bosch and I'm past my warrenty period.
I've only used the things about 5-10 times and one of them is already broken and I can't for the life of me find out how to get them fixed and won't be paying another $200+ for another set to break on me again.

Sort of adds a new twist to the vacume vs. electric debate.
Any help??

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hmmm, sounds familiar. Just had a guy drop one of his off to me to look at. I'm just a tinkerer as far as these go, but I'll let you know if I find anything. Have you already messed with it and no luck?
Same thing happened to him basically. Kit's probably about 3 years old and one motor's park function stopped functioning.
Let me know if you find any info and I'll do the same.

Paul

OP
OP
Sac '68 sport

Sac '68 sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Orangevale
Thanks,
I took the cover off and it looks like the brass contacts are worn out. They don't look very heavy duty. The servo for my R/C car was made better than the guts in these things. After only 2 years on a garaged, non-daily driver the thing fails. I almost never even drive it in the rain because I usually have the top off. Can't belive they want over two bills for that cheep crap.
Even if I could just get new conacts for it I could fix it. Its only three wires.
MarinCo. who WildHorses now gets their wiper kits from, and are almost exactly the same design, won't sell any parts. Got to by the whole wiper kit again.

70_Steve

Old Guy
Sac '68 sport said:
I took the cover off and it looks like the brass contacts are worn out. They don't look very heavy duty.
I've "rebuilt" worn contacts (old MGB horn button, inside the turn signal) with silver solder.

OP
OP
Sac '68 sport

Sac '68 sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Orangevale
Maybe I'll give it a try if I can't find a replacement part.
The wiper still works, both speeds, I just have to unplug the wire to the auto park and time the shut off so it isn't halfway down the windshield.
The auto park was one of the reasons I bought these things since you can't keep them syncronized.

70bucks

Loc.
Valley Center SOCAL
The Ace hardware store by my house has drawers full of various sized contacts that I stumbled on on accident last weekend. Shoot a picture and post with sizes and I'll se if I can match something up for you. They are not application specific, just sorted by size so I would need real specific dimensions. I'm out of town tomarrow, but I'd be happy to run by there Sunday.

Good luck, Joe