• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bought a 66, looking for a repair manual (factory or other)

G

I just bought a 66 bronco in good shape.<br>I'd like to fix some leaks and start on a good maintenance/repair schedule but I can't find a manual to guide me. <br>Any help would be appreciated.<br><br>

OP
OP
G

The Parts stores and such only seem to have Later Model Broncos. One from 73 and up from Haynes. Is the 66 - 73 still in print?<br>I'll take Chilton or whatever, but can't find a source. My local stores are of no help.<br><br>Thanks

MI-Bronco

Shoot this guy an email tedweems@flash.net. I bought a set of shop manuals for my '74 from him about 3 months ago. I don't know if he will have a set for a '66, but it's worth a try. He was great to do bus. with and the price was reasonable.

edjolly

Loc.
Denver Colorado
Do a search on ABE.com under ford truck manual--I found my '75 factory manuals there, and saw many others.<br><br>Ed<br>

THE_74BEAST

Loc.
Central, FL
Definitely check out Ted Weens. I purchased 74 shop manuals from him last year, excellent shape! I recieved the manuals the same week.<br>Good luck,<br> Kirk.<br>

art

Glad you asked this question. I have a 66 and the old Chiltons that I have does not cover the 66 well at all.<br><br>Art

66Bronco

<br>You definitely want the Factory Ford Manuals. Ebay is a good suggestion as a place to look for them. I lucked out and bought my set at a local swapmeet (FYI Pomona Calif). I've also made good use of a 1966 MOTOR (hardbound) manual for details about rebuilding the trans.<br><br>Good luck!<br><br><br>-Terry

66horse

Bronco Guru
I got 66 manuals form Ted Weems. The 66 manuals are pretty decent and he actually had one that was a ford factory just for the 66 bronco. Most other years cover all trucks. So call ted. he is a great guy to deal with. He was on vacation and worked with me to get a manul here for when I needed it for a project ASAP.

art

I e-mailed Weems and no luck. Nothing on Ebay lately except the same Chiltons that I have. ABE.com dry also. <br><br>Art

alsroadster

Loc.
Sandia Park, NM
My understaanding is tha the only Ford manual for a 66 was the Preliminary Shop Manual and that the full set of 66 truck manuals did not unclude the Bronco. Is this wrong? I have a Chiltons 66-73 which is pretty good. and a Ford 67 Bronco manual. I also have a set of 75 Ford Truck Manuals, which I got for my F-100. Between these I usually find the information I need although the early 66's were different (mine was built Aug. 65) and there seem to be a number of differences amongst the early 66's themselves. A lot of this early 66 specific info is pretty hard to find

66halfcab

Loc.
clarksville, tennessee
I Bought the chiltons manual and the factory preliminary shop manual for the 66 bronco on e-bay. The preliminary shop manual is pretty short but covers most of the bronco specific information. keep hawking e-bay i see the factory preliminary manual up for auction from time to time. If you are looking for more specific information on the 170-6 engine a falcon/mustang/econoline manual from the same era is more specific. another good source is hemmings motor news, they have a lot of ads for individuals/companies that deal in factory literature. good luck on your quest