• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bought Centech...a few Questions...

TexasBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Waterford, MI
I decided it was time to replace wiring, because today i go to start the Bronco...nothing, then some smoke, and I like under the dash and see wires just burning. So nothing major happened except it fried my wiring. The question is...should I just rip all the wires out, or replace them as I go? I think this has been tlked about before........and what are some problems with the wiring harness?<br>

LSUpete

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well, here's my advice.<br><br>1. Order the Centech harness and the adapter for the Ford ignition switch. While you're at this, you should pick up a intermittent wiper switch from a '79 ford truck and make this conversion.<br><br>2. Set aside four full days of time to perform the removal and replacement. Some guys on this site have a ton of hair on their ass and will tell you they did it in 15 hours....count on about 60 hours.<br><br>3. Either buy or borrow a soldering gun, because you'll use it a LOT.<br><br>4. Take advantage of the customer tech. line that Centech provides. This number is worth at least half the cost of the wiring harness.<br><br>You'll be very happy you did this....even though it's very time consuming.

LSUpete

Contributor
Bronco Guru
HA HA HA...<br><br>Nobody is forcing you to pitch your tent up there in winterville.

thesnake

Bronco Guru
I agree with Pete. I did mine over a week, doing about two hours a day while working twelve hour shifts outside in the chill of a Nebraska March. When you cut anything going to the lights, give yourself alot of wire until you get the harness laid out, I cut mine a bit short and it was a pain in the butt. Also, you have to reuse the wires running to the heater switch. Amen on their tech.<br><br>snake

c2computer

Loc.
Castle Rock, CO
Yeah I have been working on mine for weeks and I am almost done... mainly weekends and a few hours during the week. Just don't plan on going anywhere in the truck for while.