• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

bracket to mount starter with no transmission

latrucker

Contributor
I remember seeing a bracket somewhere that allows you to mount your starter to the engine while the transmission is not installed. Just cant remember where I saw it at. Has anyone else run across this bracket or know where I can get one. It is for a 302 and mounts directly to the back of the block and your starter mounts to it.

OP
OP
latrucker

latrucker

Contributor
Thanks to everyone for the ideas. For $20 its way easier just to get the bracket so I just went that route.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Great! Glad that could work for you. Has worked very slick for a few of us.
So many engine projects are going around here, I carry one in my trunk at all times now!

Not everyone needs one for their project of course, nor is one needed every time for others. But it's a very handy tool for those times when you want to either check the alignment of things, or just start the engine without the trans to look for leaks or track down sounds.
Or just for the fun of it!

Paul