• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Brake bracket, Need pic's of modified front wheel tub.

Tuff68

Loc.
Hermitage, TN
Going to install the offset bracket and power brake booster this weekend. Looks like I will need to modify the inner top edge of the wheel tub about 1.5".
Anyone got any pictures or info on the best way to do this and make it look stock to some degree.
I have a scrap flat sheet metal the same thickness.
Was thinking about droping down 2" at the back corner and cutting forward at and angle to the middle of the tub, then cut and weld a flat piece to match the cut.
I am open to all info.
I am now only 2 weeks from being on the road with this thing IF nothing else goes wrong.

Thanks,
David

BlackHorse

Just set the whole thing in place and mark the spot to cut out on the wheel tub. Remember you can cut twice if you cut to small but if you cut to big...well you know.

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
Don't modify, just take the bottom 2 bolts out of the bracket to booster and add 2 flat washers per side. It angles it enough to clear without problems. Have done 2 74's this way.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
iwlbcnu said:
Don't modify, just take the bottom 2 bolts out of the bracket to booster and add 2 flat washers per side. It angles it enough to clear without problems. Have done 2 74's this way.
That wont work on all setups. On mine the bracket was angled up as was and the hood wouldnt close. Fennder still needed clearance. I had to modify the bracket to get the MC down to a angle that would allow the hood to close and have a little extra clearance. Needless to say I wasnt happy with the bracket I had bought and in the end I pretty much remade the thing I could have just made myself one without paying the $150.
I carefully figured out how to cut the rear corner with out needing any extra metal after I did it I dont think I needed to cut that much as the booster has plenty of clearance but then again I did modify the booster bracket. I'll see if I can find a pic.
I pretty much just made a couple of straight cuts and bent the metal down to make room then welded it back together its not real pretty but it looks ok.

Attachments

• fender clearance.jpg
    fender clearance.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 21
  • fender.jpg
    fender.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
About the only thing I have left are pictures but I can help. I have heard that some guys just smash the spot with a BFG and make room but :eek:

Attachments

• older pictures 186.jpg
    older pictures 186.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 25
  • older pictures 195.jpg
    older pictures 195.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 22
  • older pictures 262.jpg
    older pictures 262.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 25