• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Brake hard lines for 9inch rear axle

Loc.
The Bluegrass State
I am in the process of putting the brake hard lines on my rig. When I bought the truck the brake lines were either trashed or gone so I really had nothing to refer to. I have the line that runs from the rear crossmember down to the axle breather stem. My question is from that junction can I run hard lines out to the wheel cylinders? My axle has no provisions for where a hard line would mate into a soft line that would go on to the wheel cylinder. Not sure if it makes any difference but my rig is a 77'. Thanks in advance.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
You can hard SS lines from the junction to the wheel cylinders or to the end of axle housing with flex hose going to the disc cylinder.
BC Broncos has the weld tabs and misc brake parts that you may need.
Check their website link above.

OP
OP

Loc.
The Bluegrass State
Thanks for the help guys, this will save me a little money to put elsewhere on my rig. I was originally going with braided soft lines, hard lines it will be on the rear end. Thanks again.