• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Brake Pedal fading/Fluid loss???

castone001

Loc.
Lake Elsinore, Ca.
Folks,<br>a bit of guidance please. 1971 Stroppe 302 Drum brakes all around.<br>Recently, two months, installed BCBroncos Powere Brake Booster. Other<br>day the pedal went down way too far. I bled the brakes and did get a<br>little squirt of air from the right rear all others where fine. Brake<br>pedal now back to normal.<br>Two days later, hopped on the freeway and Brake pedal was fine. Drove<br>for about 75mins at 70mph. Hit the pedal on the off ramp, brake pedal<br>went way down.<br>Limped home and found that the fluid in the front reservoir (Front<br>for the rear brakeline and the rear reservoir services the fronts) was<br>down to half again.<br>I visibly checked all tires, rear backing plate and found no recent<br>leaks? Where did the fluid go? Should I change the wheel cylinders?<br>Any thoughts?<br><br>Thanks,<br>Chris<br>not so stoppable '71 Stroppe :) ?:?

JMurray

This is too wierd, I have the same setup, drums with the BC power setup. I had an initial problem with the booster being bad but fixed that & it has not had any problems for almost a year. last week on the way to work it started pulling to the right a little (figured I would look at it when I got a day off), this sat the brake pedal went way down, so I pulled over & checked the fluid, front brakes empty. I refill, go to work, next day I bleed the brakes. Now everything is fine again. But there is no sign of where the fluid went. There must be a brake gremlin somewhere.<br>Jerry

quintonjb

Loc.
western washington
I would go ahead and pull the drums any way and check for wheel cyl. leak. Check and see if there is fluid leaking out the back of master cyl. between booster and cyl. <br>Or by chance is the other resavor getting fuller as the one goes down. Could be bypassing.<br>John

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
::) ::) ::) Pull the mc lose and look for brake fluid you could have a mc leak and it will leak into the booster wont show for a wile good luck. :eek: :eek: :eek: Bill 8) ::) :p

JMurray

Well mine was a loose fitting on the wheel cyl, duh.<br>Just wonder why it surfaced all of a sudden. Oh well.<br>Jerry