• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Brake pedal just started sticking

Dfroman

Sunday driving the bronco my brake pedal stopped coming all the way back up and the front brakes are hanging up for sure (jacked up the front before I had to go out of town and they are staying engaged until,lift up ton the pedal) I will check the rears tomorrow.
All brake components are new (less than 4000 miles) except the front rubber lines. They look fine, but will pick up new ones tomorrow just in case.
All new calipers and pads on the front, all new drums on rear. New mc And vacuum booster.
Until Sunday everything worked as it should. Other than the soft lines what should I be looking for?
David

Fairlane514

Loc.
Houston
Crack the bleeder on one front caliper at a time and see if it frees up one or both wheels. Tighten the bleeders and pump the brake pedal a few times and see if they lock up again.

If so, crack the brake line to the front brakes at the M/C. If they free up, it's probably the piston or pistons sticking inside the M/C.

If cracking the line at the M/C doesn't free up the wheels, it's probably the rubber brake lines acting like a one way valve.

It could also be a stuck caliper not sliding. You said both wheels are locked up, so it's unlikely both calipers are stuck.

Having to pull the pedal up sounds like a stocking piston inside the M/C

OP
OP
Dfroman

Dfroman

Thanks for the responses, I'll check the bleeders and mc out tomorrow

OP
OP
Dfroman

Dfroman

Turns out the pivot bolt (holds the pivot assembly to the booster bracket) tightened up on its own. Couple of turns out and good as new.