• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Brake speed bleeder screw

FORD*DIEHARD

Contributor
I just heard about these. Anyone have personal experience/ opinion on using these? Pros/cons?

I have drums all the way around.

Thank you in advance for your time/help,

Sonny

Attachments

• 20210124_183624.jpg
    20210124_183624.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 35

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Speed bleeders have been around a long time, as in decades. Allow one person bleeding with just pumping the pedal. Never heard anything specificly bad about them. An occasional rant about not fitting, but that is more of a replacement caliper that has a different thread and it wasn't checked before ordering.

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I put them on my bronco... nice addition when youre by yourself. I'm running disc brakes so don't ask me the part # for drums because I wont know. Good luck

omureebe

They work very well - I made that change maybe a year ago and no problems. It's just how many times are you going to be bleeding brakes?

I'm pretty sure the rear drums was the same part as the front calipers.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
As stated above, they work well so long as you're pressure bleeding, not vacuum or gravity bleeding. With that said, the thread sealant does need to be refreshed every so often so that you don't pull air around the threads, but you can get a bottle of it for less than $10 or $12 last I checked and for most applications, it will take years to get to that point given how rarely most brakes are typically bleed or flushed.

OP
OP
FORD*DIEHARD

FORD*DIEHARD

Contributor
Thank you everyone for your input. Based on the feed back I have purchased them, cant wait to receive them and try them out.

Thank you,

Sonny

OP
OP
FORD*DIEHARD

FORD*DIEHARD

Contributor
Does it have to be a special thread sealant or will any thread sealant work? I saw they have this one. What did you use?

Thank you in advance for your time/help,

Sonny

Attachments

• 20210127_152442.jpg
    20210127_152442.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 13

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I put them on my bronco... nice addition when youre by yourself. I'm running disc brakes so don't ask me the part # for drums because I wont know. Good luck

Nice to know they work well