• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Broke down @ the gas station - Starter Prob's?

OP
OP
Slumlord

Slumlord

Loc.
Portland, Oregon
Well, the weather website says it's 41 degrees out and man, do I feel every bit of it! :)

So, I checked all of my cable connections and I found that the connection from the starter to the solenoid was very loose. I tightened her up and tried to fire her on but as Rustytruck said, there isn't enough juice to get her started, I still just hear a loud, "CLICK".

Also, on another interesting note, while I was under the truck trying to unbolt the starter, I noticed that it said "10/11/01" on it. Upon inspection, it looks as though this was a remanufactured starter from some place here in town. I got the first bolt off (way easy) but the second bolt seems to be a real bitch because the inner fender is in the way from reaching it from the underside and above there is too much in the way also. How did ya'll get your top bolt off?

Anyway, that's the update. I think what I need to do is get my battery charged up and perhaps pick up a new solenoid and wire from starter to solenoid, the wire from the solenoid to the battery looks perfectly fine.

Comments?