• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Book

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I am looking for input to see how many of you would be interested seeing and purchasing a detailed and in-depth book written by a fellow enthusiast about the early bronco. This will take a couple of years to put together as he will be interviewing and visiting various members about their experiences and knowledge on all the 66-77 broncos. This person has much experience in compiling information and organizing it for book form (he has written publications for other fields of interest). What I am looking for are your general comments!;D Such would include speculation of how many books would sell, price one would pay and names of people considered "experts" of various years. I know everyone is an expert on the bronco!!! Any comments? Any suggestions? Thanks.

steven1826

bronco book

Do it. I would especially like to see someone do a detailed book on restoring an early bronco.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I am looking for input to see how many of you would be interested seeing and purchasing a detailed and in-depth book written by a fellow enthusiast about the early bronco. This will take a couple of years to put together as he will be interviewing and visiting various members about their experiences and knowledge on all the 66-77 broncos. This person has much experience in compiling information and organizing it for book form (he has written publications for other fields of interest). What I am looking for are your general comments!;D Such would include speculation of how many books would sell, price one would pay and names of people considered "experts" of various years. I know everyone is an expert on the bronco!!! Any comments? Any suggestions? Thanks.

I think it's a great idea! We've needed a book for a long, long time.

Todd Z.

Tiger_91

sounds like a wonderful idea! as to how many sales he may make I'd say look at all the members on just this site. then ya know double it :D either way it's long overdue.

jdkin01

Loc.
SoCal
Great Idea !!! I'll take one. Yesterday A friend showed me a book on the '32 Ford, had a lot of info and pix of custom and stock '32 Fords. Had a lot of pix of them on the assembly line at the factory. That would be neat to see pix of the Bronco being made.

Had to correct my spelling.

Last edited:

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I dont read books but that would be a good addition to the memorabilia collection! So would it come on CD too ;D ;D
Heck I might read this one ;D

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sounds like a great idea. Hopefully the person gathering info/writing would address all the different "uses/mods" in addition to the oem stock style restorations........which imo distinguishes the early bronco from most classics. :)

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Sounds like a great idea. Hopefully the person gathering info/writing would address all the different "uses/mods" in addition to the oem stock style restorations........which imo distinguishes the early bronco from most classics. :)

Great point! Thats one of the reasons I like them so much.

trlblazr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Mesa AZ
Great idea. I think it would be good idea to have illustrations on mods like suspension, engine swap, lift, and so on.

Dusty

Bronco Guru
Sounds like a great project. I hope its not one of those "series" books though, where its pretty much a boilerplate layout with a a few facts about the Bronco plugged into it to differentiate it from the exact same book the publisher also made about FJ's, Jeeps, Rovers, etc.

FWIW, I think whoever is taking this up should rely heavily on the following three people for info: Todd Z, Andrew Norton and Terry Marvel. Todd for his overall general knowledge of the Bronco, its history, and its involvement in motorsports. Andrew for the tireless research and knowledge he has on the Baja Bronco. And Terry for his expertise on the '66, the first year of the Bronco and all of its special features. All three would also be a great source for old ads, promo items and memorabilia.

I think it would be cool if the book not only covered the Bronco in its stock form during its years of production, but also the enthusiast community that has grown up around it since, the events that go on, the myriad different uses the rigs are used for, the various ways people upgrade and modify them, etc.

I would definitely buy a few copies for my own use, and would of course be interested in retailing them at WCB. Keep us posted on this!

Dusty

77Bronco636

Tim and I have been talking about this for some time now and it just so happends that he was contacted by someone else that is interested in broncos and has the ability to write a book. He is lacking alot of the knowledge of the bronco and is looking for input. He has the ability to take the information and make it flow so it is just not some boring old book to read. I know there are more than enough people on this site (Todd Z, Terry Marvel, Andrew Norton, Tom Carper, Tim Hulick, the Perionies, Jeff Trapp, Carl Bradley, etc. etc.) and a few lurcking in the shadows that are not online, to help put this thing together. I really think the book would have to cover all broncos from 1966-1996 to help draw enough interest to make it marketable. Basicly if enough books are not going to be sold then it more than likely will not happen.
The book sounds like it is going to be more on the history of the truck (models, production numbers, options, changes over the years, race history such as the bajas and the Doug Nash bronco) and not a "how to book" (how to put a lift kit on your truck or go from a I6 to a V8). It is going to include how the trucks have been cutomized over the years for different uses such as work trucks (fire trucks, tow trucks, plow trucks etc.) rock crawling, mud bogging, sand hill climbing, monster trucks, and just plain old bad ass custome broncos. It would be nice if the book would be a hard cover with the nice gloss pages inside (like the Ford truck chronicle book) and have the larger print in it. Make it a nice coffee table book. I know it would cost more but I think it would be worth it. I know alot of us here have a ton of old pics, posters, articles, ads and info and alot of it is rare and most people have not seen it. It would be nice to have some of those special items in the book.
Please give us all of your feedback (good or bad) so it can be relaid to the future authur of the book. I hope this happens. I think it could be a cool peice of bronco history.
Thanks
Paul;D