• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Build date?

NoBroNco

Loc.
Missouri (unfortunately)
I have a '66 Bronco that, from the VIN, was built in August of 1965. Does anyone know if it is possible to find the esact build date or the number off the line that is was that month?<br><br>Matt<br>
wink2.gif

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
[quote author=NoBroNco link=board=5;threadid=9057;start=0#64741 date=1031936964]<br>I have a '66 Bronco that, from the VIN, was built in August of 1965. Does anyone know if it is possible to find the esact build date or the number off the line that is was that month?<br><br>Matt<br>
wink2.gif
<br>[/quote]<br><br>You can call Ford and get a letter from them that lists what they call the "build date". However, that date was sometimes delayed for one reason or another. Kevin Marti at Marti Auto Works(can't remember their website) sells the exact info for the '67-newer trucks for a fee. He bought all the databases from Ford. Ford didn't have any info earlier than '67 though so I don't know how much info you could get from them.<br><br>Todd Z.

OP
OP
N

NoBroNco

Loc.
Missouri (unfortunately)
Well Gents,<br><br>I conversed with both Ford and Marti Auto Works. Neither were able to shed any light on the build date (Marti because they didn't have data for that year and Ford because either they couldn't or didn't want to do the research).<br><br>So I guess what I know is this that the Bronco was built in August 1965, the first month of the first year of production. On that line, the vehicles produced were the Bronco, the Falcon Club Wagon (and possibly the Ranchero), the Econoline, and Ford Recreational Vehicles (derivatives of the Econoline?).<br><br>The consecutive unit numbers for that month for that line were 732,000 to 745,999. That comes out to 13,999 vehicles divided amongst the four different body styles rolling off the line. My consecutive unit number is 734,019. This is 2,019 (or 14%) into the vehicles built that month.<br><br>So I can only narrow it down to saying that my Bronco was built early in Aug '65. It would have been niced to know the exact date though (always dreamed of it being Bronco #1).<br><br>Matt

OP
OP
N

NoBroNco

Loc.
Missouri (unfortunately)
[quote author=Broncmeister link=board=5;threadid=9057;start=0#70610 date=1033665305]<br>LOL EVERYBODY'S BRONCO IS #1<br><br>[/quote]<br><br><br>I'm afraid you lost me somewhere.<br><br>Matt

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
[quote author=rednck21 link=board=5;threadid=9057;start=0#70850 date=1033703722]<br>does marti have a website?? id like to get some info on mine.<br>[/quote]<br><br>Sure, try here:<br><br>http://www.martiauto.com/<br><br>Be forewarned though.....he takes forever on the Bronco research. I ordered mine in early August and I'm STILL waiting(and I just live across town from him).<br><br>Todd Z.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
[quote author=NoBroNco link=board=5;threadid=9057;start=0#70581 date=1033660057]<br>Well Gents,<br><br>The consecutive unit numbers for that month for that line were 732,000 to 745,999. That comes out to 13,999 vehicles divided amongst the four different body styles rolling off the line. My consecutive unit number is 734,019. This is 2,019 (or 14%) into the vehicles built that month.<br><br>So I can only narrow it down to saying that my Bronco was built early in Aug '65. <br><br> It would have been niced to know the exact date though (always dreamed of it being Bronco #1).<br><br>Matt<br>[/quote]<br><br>That's still pretty early! The first production Bronco was #732,000. It still exists and is currently owned by a guy in Texas. It was originally owned by Carroll Shelby's ranch in Terlingua, TX. If you look on www.bajabronco.com, you can probably still find a little article I wrote about it a few years back.<br><br>Todd Z.

Broncmeister

[quote author=NoBroNco link=board=5;threadid=9057;start=0#70718 date=1033685376]<br>[quote author=Broncmeister link=board=5;threadid=9057;start=0#70610 date=1033665305]<br>LOL EVERYBODY'S BRONCO IS #1<br><br>[/quote]<br><br><br>I'm afraid you lost me somewhere.<br><br>Matt<br>[/quote]<br><br>In their own minds everybody's bronco is #1.

MY 4 BY

You might look for some "paint date codes" on your Bronco. Mine has date codes stamped on the drevers side of the rear lift gate and on the inside of the glove box door.

OP
OP
N

NoBroNco

Loc.
Missouri (unfortunately)
My computer crashed really bad, what a pain in the rump. Anyhoo, I'm not familiar with "paint daate codes". What am I looking for? Are they hard to see? It'll have to be somewhere other than the tailgate as that has rusted into oblivion.<br><br>Matt