• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco designs Moved?? sold??

brianstrange

Bronco Guru
Hi Corey, and congratulations and good luck on your venture. I'm in the final mock up stages / pre-paint for one of Mike's tubs. I think the community would like to get an idea as to your plans with the company. I know Mike has been floating many product ideas both here, and over the phone. Do you plan on selling just the tub, or do you have a full array of products that you plan on producing? Cheers! Brian

mavereq

Bronco Guru
Any chance you guys want to tackle a stretched half cab? An extra 4" on the back would be awesome.

clarrance

Bronco Guru
I always liked the look of Mikes uncut tub, but thought it was lacking a few astetic details, like the ribs in the floors. In my opinion that would make all the difference in the final end product. These finer details would make your tub far superior than all the others on the market.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Got my new flares today. They look really good. Nice and beefy. I did a quick fit check and they appear to fit very nice. We will install in the AM.

awesome man... :) Can't wait to see em

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
I always liked the look of Mikes uncut tub, but thought it was lacking a few astetic details, like the ribs in the floors. In my opinion that would make all the difference in the final end product. These finer details would make your tub far superior than all the others on the market.

There is a thread somewhere where Mike discussed the various differences in his tub vs. the others. I remember reading that most of the differences like leaving the ribs out was done to add strength and eliminate stress points in the fiberglass. You may want to see if you can find the thread and read up. My understanding is the changes Mike made and the things he left out(like the ribs) make it a far superior product over mimicking a steel body like the others.

INPHOBIC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kansas City, KS
Here is a picture of the "trailside" That I bought from Mike. Really good quality. Can't wait to see how Cory and his dad carry on Mikes work! Now I just need to find a narrowed glass tail gate and drop a bunch more weight!

1200874d1391439055-inphobics-early-bronco-rebuild-rehash-img_1815.jpg

brianstrange

Bronco Guru
I have mentioned to Mike how great it would be for an offering that provided a fiberglass floor, inner quarters, firewall and cowl, allowing one to hang OEM \ replacement steel panels from. It would allow the builder to make fine adjustments as needed, and would cut the initial cost down. I'm assuming that it would be faster to produce, and make it easy to replace body panels as well.

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
Phone number is no longer allocated.....whatever that means???

Im interested in a set of soft door uppers. Any info on if mike still supplies them or if the new owners do?????

You guys need to update contact info on the website. Im confused as hell about this company and its recent changeover!

How do I contact you?

corey@broncodesign.com is a email address????

Last edited:

BroncoDesign

Loc.
USA
Hey Guys! Here's the answers to your questions

First, let me apologize for taking so long to get on the forum. Lots has gone on. There are big changes at BD- not exactly what I had hoped for me, but good for you the customers.

Early last spring we started thinking about moving BD to NC to take advantage of a good supply of fiberglass workers in the Washington/Greenville area to grow the company. Before we could get moved, I had a couple health emergencies so I started looking for someone to carry on with BD to keep the products flowing. I met with a number of shops in NC, and PA but none were Bronco enthusiasts and their commitment to quality was not certain.

I got a call from two guys- Rod and Corey Sunday in Nashville looking for a tub for their Bronco project. It turned out Rod had 40 years in the fiberglass business, had built a fiberglass bodied Bronco in the 80s. I explained my situation and that I was going to have to close BD. We met, I showed them what was required, and the quality I knew you expected. They stepped up and decided to take over.

In the mean time, I ended up having a hurry up surgery and was down for six weeks. The Sundays came up to the shop in mid December, made all the parts and two practice tubs with me coaching them, then emptied the shop, and headed to Tennessee. I've since been down there to give them some additional training. I wish I had such a nice shop. Triple the space, room to work efficiently, and grow.

They are ramping up to 2-3 tubs a month and getting parts orders out in two weeks at the current order volume. I'm still providing support and as much help as I can.

I also started working as a rep in NC for the company that made the fiberglass products I was using. It's hard "working for the man" when you've been on your own. It takes a ton of time with me on the road several days a week helping other fiberglass shops. As a result, I'm not the usual prompt guy I was.

I try to catch up on emails on the weekends. Not sure why the Phone number is "not allocated" since I call it to check on Mrs. BroncoDesign who is still holding down the fort in PA till we get the house on the market in the spring.

As for soft windows and trail covers- My friend Serguei, who sewed them for us started having severe back trouble, couldn't sit at the machine for long periods any more, and was forced to quit. I hope to find a new upholsterer who can take over this spring.

Again, I apologize for not replying to the thread sooner and the stack of calls and emails but the new job is extremely time consuming.

If you have production or shipping questions, email Corey at: Corey@Broncodesign.com or 931-783-0600. My email is still good; mstandley@broncodesign.com. If you need to reach me immediately, try my cell first- 570-362-2926. The 9903 number will be moved to TN as soon as we can get it switched over.

I'll still be at all the shows. You'll still have to hear me repeat the same dull stories. I look forward to seeing as many of you as I can at all the events.

They say life is what happens after all the great plans we make. I wish I could have continued making you the best bodies and parts available. Life had other plans for me. With Rod's experience, Corey's youth, and their combined love of old Bronco's I feel certain BD is in VERY GOOD hands.

Best Regards to all, Mike

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
First, let me apologize for taking so long to get on the forum. Lots has gone on. There are big changes at BD- not exactly what I had hoped for me, but good for you the customers.

Early last spring we started thinking about moving BD to NC to take advantage of a good supply of fiberglass workers in the Washington/Greenville area to grow the company. Before we could get moved, I had a couple health emergencies so I started looking for someone to carry on with BD to keep the products flowing. I met with a number of shops in NC, and PA but none were Bronco enthusiasts and their commitment to quality was not certain.

I got a call from two guys- Rod and Corey Sunday in Nashville looking for a tub for their Bronco project. It turned out Rod had 40 years in the fiberglass business, had built a fiberglass bodied Bronco in the 80s. I explained my situation and that I was going to have to close BD. We met, I showed them what was required, and the quality I knew you expected. They stepped up and decided to take over.

In the mean time, I ended up having a hurry up surgery and was down for six weeks. The Sundays came up to the shop in mid December, made all the parts and two practice tubs with me coaching them, then emptied the shop, and headed to Tennessee. I've since been down there to give them some additional training. I wish I had such a nice shop. Triple the space, room to work efficiently, and grow.

They are ramping up to 2-3 tubs a month and getting parts orders out in two weeks at the current order volume. I'm still providing support and as much help as I can.

I also started working as a rep in NC for the company that made the fiberglass products I was using. It's hard "working for the man" when you've been on your own. It takes a ton of time with me on the road several days a week helping other fiberglass shops. As a result, I'm not the usual prompt guy I was.

I try to catch up on emails on the weekends. Not sure why the Phone number is "not allocated" since I call it to check on Mrs. BroncoDesign who is still holding down the fort in PA till we get the house on the market in the spring.

As for soft windows and trail covers- My friend Serguei, who sewed them for us started having severe back trouble, couldn't sit at the machine for long periods any more, and was forced to quit. I hope to find a new upholsterer who can take over this spring.

Again, I apologize for not replying to the thread sooner and the stack of calls and emails but the new job is extremely time consuming.

If you have production or shipping questions, email Corey at: Corey@Broncodesign.com or 931-783-0600. My email is still good; mstandley@broncodesign.com. If you need to reach me immediately, try my cell first- 570-362-2926. The 9903 number will be moved to TN as soon as we can get it switched over.

I'll still be at all the shows. You'll still have to hear me repeat the same dull stories. I look forward to seeing as many of you as I can at all the events.

They say life is what happens after all the great plans we make. I wish I could have continued making you the best bodies and parts available. Life had other plans for me. With Rod's experience, Corey's youth, and their combined love of old Bronco's I feel certain BD is in VERY GOOD hands.

Best Regards to all, Mike

God bless Mike, glad you are well and look forward to seeing you at a future bronco event.

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
well said mike. wishing you nothing but the best.
if you're in my hood, stop on by.

BroncoDesignTN

Sponsor/Vendor
Phone number is no longer allocated.....whatever that means???

Im interested in a set of soft door uppers. Any info on if mike still supplies them or if the new owners do?????

You guys need to update contact info on the website. Im confused as hell about this company and its recent changeover!

How do I contact you?

corey@broncodesign.com is a email address????

Sorry for any confusion!

Yes that is my email address. The original phone number I posted was given to by mistake from the phone company, as the previous owner is porting it out to another carrier. The new phone number is 615-836-7980.

The contact info on the website will still get you in contact with Mike or myself. The phone number on there is still active also!

Kbpony

I just want to give a shout out to Corey and his father for picking up this business and making it work. I ordered a hood and a pair of doors the last week of January and picked them up last weekend. The quality is great, and a testament to Mike's detail in the molds. I had called and visited with Mike several times, and would have liked to have worked with him as well. However, I am thankful that it worked out for him to be able to pass on his work to a caring team. Corey did a great job keeping me posted on progress, and Mike was still behind the scenes providing expertise. A big thank you to all three of you for the effort involved in the transfer of business, knowledge, and expertise in providing great quality products!

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
Thanks for the timely replys from both mike and cory. That's what keeps this bronco community moving forward.

As soon as you get some new soft door uppers available im first on the list!

Tedster100

Chairman of the Bored
As the proud owner of one of Mike's hoods I'm sad to see him get out of the business but happy he's out doing something he likes. Sounds like the new guys have the business well in hand and will do a fine job.

Now Mike, no excuses - now that you have time we'll still expect to see you at the Round-Up. Somebody's got to keep an eye on Randy & Jeff to try and figure out how they're cheating at the blindfolded driving!

BroncoDesign

Loc.
USA
Just checking back to see if I was in for abuse. You all have me misty eyed.
TED! I am no longer the trophy sponsor, Game On!
Nick, I will definitely drop by just as soon as you stop with all the ice storms over there.
Bill, I must be alot closer to you now since I'm on the pamlico. Shoot me your addy so I can stop in. Gotta see that flatty.

I've said it before on this forum and I'll says it again, you all are the best bunch of people a guy could hope to be associated with. Old broncos bring out the best in every one.

God bless, Mike

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Just checking back to see if I was in for abuse. You all have me misty eyed.
TED! I am no longer the trophy sponsor, Game On!
Nick, I will definitely drop by just as soon as you stop with all the ice storms over there.
Bill, I must be alot closer to you now since I'm on the pamlico. Shoot me your addy so I can stop in. Gotta see that flatty.

I've said it before on this forum and I'll says it again, you all are the best bunch of people a guy could hope to be associated with. Old broncos bring out the best in every one.

God bless, Mike

Mike,
I'm so glad to see these posts from you. I was worried about you (and Mrs Bronco Design) and the curves that were thrown your way. I look forward to seeing you at the events, and expect to see you on the street cruise at the Roundup.
Judy

gmanbronco

Loc.
lehigh valley
its always good to hear from Mike.i have one of his uncut tubs,glass hood and half cab.(#11 tub).all the best to him and the Mrs. and to the new owners.i gotta save this post.

C Saporito

Hey Mike! finally getting mine together, I think it was one of the first few tubs you produced. Stalled due to building a house and my son running around Australia for a year. It's getting the last clear coats and buffing in the next couple weeks, the chassis is just about ready. I'll send some pics when it's done.

Attachments

• painted body.jpg
    painted body.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 83
  • IMAG0202.jpg
    IMAG0202.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 92