• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

"Bronco dreams" Can I be saved?

jcwalsh1

Loc.
Shawnee, KS
:-
I picked up the Bronco last week and have been cleaning , checking and planning the first project. The big problem is that the last 3 nights I have been plagued with Bronco dreams. Not the fun ones with half naked women, the ones where I am installing a drive shaft(?) and new spindles. This is a true story. Can I be saved or am I doomed to sleepless nights?

Jeff

luvmybronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ashland, Oh
It happens to the best of us...When I first started my project, I would lay in bed thinking what was next, what all I had to do, and dream about the finished product...Now, that its on the road, I still dream at night about what little details I need to go over...
Thats just the way it will always be... ;D ;D ;D

civilgee

Loc.
Northport, Alabama
I too understand, but hopefully your not in as bad as a situation as I am. I cannot count the times I lay in bed dreaming about doing a frame-off restoration!!!!!!!!!! The nightmare is that I don't have the funds to do it!!!!! Here's to many sleepless and restless nights due to dreaming, awake and while asleep, about you bronco!!!

67EB_in_619

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Diego
I dunno.... I think that dreaming about the naked girls and installing a drive shaft arent all that far apart... especially if you put "drive shaft" in quotes.... havent figured out the spindle part yet though.

brokenhorse

Bronco Builder
Loc.
Wisconsin
[quote author=67EB_in_619 link=board=5;threadid=18870;start=0#msg144528 date=1055950746]
I dunno.... I think that dreaming about the naked girls and installing a drive shaft arent all that far apart... especially if you put "drive shaft" in quotes.... havent figured out the spindle part yet though.
[/quote]

Might have sumthin ta do with the ceiling fan :eek: :-X

fuseman

Loc.
SoCal
I've had mine for about 3 months now and haven't had a good nite sleep since she got to the driveway. It's like having kids. You never get to sleep. Lately there about the suspension, power brakes, and exhaust.

Life with a Bronco is a dream. ;D ;D

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
Yes, you're DOOMED! Everyone is doomed in their own way, but being DOOMED to the love/hate relationship of maintaining an E-Bronco is far better than the doom most people create for themselves.

"Maintaining an Early Bronco." It reminds me of the story in Greek mythology where the guy's doom was to push a boulder up to the top of this mountain, but whenever he came close to succeding, the boulder would roll all the way back down and he would have to start over. It's alot better than being chained to a rock and having the harpies come to feed on your innards every day and then have the innards regenerate every night so the harpies would never go hungry. That is what I think chebby owners feel like.

Those ancient greeks were pretty insightful.

BlueBronco

Loc.
Asheville, NC
Here.. one of my favorite quotes:

"If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended, that you have but slumbered here, whilest these visions did appear." - Willy (who would have had a bronce had he lived in this time) Skakespear