• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco dummy books...

ruger0771

Loc.
Greenwood
I'm looking for a Chiltons or haynes book on the 66-77 broncos that helps a person like me learn how to work on my bronco ... Does anyone know where to get one?? The only thing I have found so far is the Bronco Portfolio - I bought it thinking it was what I was looking for but it's just about the history of broncos, not the breakdown of the vehicle like I want....

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
amazon for a used in good shape one or your local bookseller usually have them. Ebay.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Check your local used book store. Local ones here often have older service manuals (chiltons) for cheap. And they have several of the older discontinued manuals as well.

Amac70

ME
you can buy the complete ford maunals on dvd on ebay for less then 35 bucks, alot better then any chilton or hayes, you can also get the paper versions but usually cost a bit more for the 5 book set. They will go into everydetail.

Chethair

Loc.
Talbott, Tn
Chilton's Manual

I believe Tom's has what you are looking for. I got a copy of the Chilton's manual from them.

VT_Don

ruger, there certainly are Dummy books for basic auto repairs. They are of generic information for simple tasks. Adequate for women and sissies to change brake pads, wipers and radiator hoses. Maintaining these 40 year old rigs is anything but simple. If not of serious mechanical aptitude with deep pockets, you'll quickly grow to despise the time and money wasted. I've dealt with very experienced, professional, ASE certified mechanics that were helpless to resolve shimmy/death wobble, and driveline vibration. That said, buy a set of the Ford factory manuals published by Helm. As mentioned, they are now available on CD for a very fair price. Don't even consider buying Haynes manuals. Haynes lacks illustrations and critical steps for serious work. Chiltons are OK at best, but still short on the illustrations Helm offers

ol gray mare

ruger, there certainly are Dummy books for basic auto repairs. They are of generic information for simple tasks. Adequate for women and sissies to change brake pads, wipers and radiator hoses. Maintaining these 40 year old rigs is anything but simple. If not of serious mechanical aptitude with deep pockets, you'll quickly grow to despise the time and money wasted. I've dealt with very experienced, professional, ASE certified mechanics that were helpless to resolve shimmy/death wobble, and driveline vibration. That said, buy a set of the Ford factory manuals published by Helm. As mentioned, they are now available on CD for a very fair price. Don't even consider buying Haynes manuals. Haynes lacks illustrations and critical steps for serious work. Chiltons are OK at best, but still short on the illustrations Helm offers

This is true. Buy the best, most comprehensive manual you can (Ford), tear into it, search and ask questions here as needed. "Illegitimus noncarborendum" (redneck Latin for don't let the bastards wear you down). Keep at it long enough and you can fix anything.

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
I have the one toms sells it a photo copy version of the Chilton since its out of print after buying it I need up buying the ford service manual off ebay I have bought these before and really like them they cover everything if your planning on swapping out axles or steering from a later model plan ahead and buy a 76 or 77 version since it will have the right break down for power steering or an automatic