• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Fire in Hawaii?

OP
OP
Grunt1058

Grunt1058

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Land of Entrapment
Grover said:
Mad,
Very nice score with that one, thanks to Grunt I guess. Grunt could you find me one real close to home that is in the same condition and same price. ;D
I've always got my eyes/ears open. Just check out the classifieds section sometime. I'm always there... LOL!!!

Madgyver

Contributor
Bronco Madman
She runs!!!

I got it going last night and took it for a spin in the rain with the kids. Runs strong and LOUD (flowmasters).

Here a list of things I needed to get it running.
  • Optima battery (Take out from yellow77)
  • Remaned 302 distributor with cap and rotor (Used burnt one for core)
  • New 7mm spark plug wires
  • New coil
  • 3 feet of 5/8" heater hose
  • 1 foot of 3/8" fuel line
  • female bullet connectors
  • Accelerator pump for Edelbrock carb
  • Throttle return spring
  • Upper radiator hose and radiator cap (donor from parts pile)
  • 14 gauge stranded wire, 4 different colors (It's all they had at the jobsite I'm working at)
  • 3 afternoons after work, 1st one to clean off all the carbon in the engine bay.
No more than $200. in parts. I will try to get a safety inspection today afterwork. Note: Wire nuts were used to connect the wires temporary, I will solder them later and cover them with shrink wrap.

Attachments

• DSC00414.JPG
    DSC00414.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 85
  • DSC00415.JPG
    DSC00415.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC00416.JPG
    DSC00416.JPG
    142.6 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

SACHEM

Back From the Dead
Mad,
If you weren't such a cool guy i think i'd have to hate you..... ;D

BTW, Is that anew paint booth?

BwoncoHowie

C-4 Wizard
Add another one to the stable ;D
Congrats! I know you'll give it a good home.

...Every Br0nco owner should carry a fire extinguisher just in case. :eek:

Kansas Corey

Loc.
NorCal (East Bay)
Madgyver - congratulations on the new Bronco- pays to be in the right place at the right time!

Can you tell me more about "Accelerator pump for Edelbrock carb" - not sure I know what this is?

Thanks - Corey

Madgyver

Contributor
Bronco Madman
Kansas Corey said:
Madgyver - congratulations on the new Bronco- pays to be in the right place at the right time!

Can you tell me more about "Accelerator pump for Edelbrock carb" - not sure I know what this is?

Thanks - Corey
Thanks Corey,
The accelerator pump is a pump circuit that pumps fuel into the carb when you slam on the throttle richening the mixture to match the air going into the motor. Coming off the idle circuit and going into the main circuit for wide-open-throttle is a touchy area of carb tuning but when out get it right it will give you a really crispy and quick throttle response. It's alot easier to understand the principles with Holley double pumpers.
On the edelbrock carb, it's the only part that has plastic and it melted in its place during the fire so I had open up the carb, dig it out and replace it.

Attachments

• fig7.gif
    fig7.gif
    9.1 KB · Views: 25

Madgyver

Contributor
Bronco Madman
SACHEM said:
Mad,
If you weren't such a cool guy i think i'd have to hate you..... ;D

BTW, Is that a new paint booth?
Ah, you remember the last booth...
This one is protecting me from the rain in the that pic.

There is a story behind this rig, Vote for it in the calender pics..
I got this shot right before the deadline for submittals

Attachments

• sunset2.jpg
    sunset2.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 79