• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Hut website

CowboyGrin

Contributor
the circus looks like fun
Loc.
Oklahoma
So what’s going on at Bronco Hut? Clicking the ad at the top of ClassicBroncos.com has been returning an error for awhile. Seems the traditional website (broncohut.com) has been down, but just recently found the website now at b-hut.com.

Did somebody forget to turn over the keys to the broncohut domain during the acquisition? Or is this a sign I should be worried about placing an order?

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I noticed the same thing a few weeks ago. I just assumed they haven't taken the time to have their vendor link updated. I've been out of the picture for a while, so I didn't realize there was an acquisition.

1buckeyefan1

So what’s going on at Bronco Hut? Clicking the ad at the top of ClassicBroncos.com has been returning an error for awhile. Seems the traditional website (broncohut.com) has been down, but just recently found the website now at b-hut.com.

Did somebody forget to turn over the keys to the broncohut domain during the acquisition? Or is this a sign I should be worried about placing an order?

They gave a facebook update a few weeks back.. seems ford got aggressive and told them they could not use 'bronco' in their domain now. hence the change to b-hut.com

I placed an order @ b-hut as well as called in a few questions. same service and it seems they now offer free shipping :)

JKH67302

Contributor
I wonder if that is why Tom's Bronco Parts is now Tom's Offroad?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Yeah, Ford must be getting p#ssy about folks using Bronco in their names again. They did it with the Mustang folks years ago and cracked down on vendors using the Bronco name on their products (Tom's seats and steering wheels lost the Bronco logo, Duffs t-case shifters lost the logo). I figured Tom's would be ok since they changed to TBP a few years ago but apparently it wasn't enough.

Maybe I'll be getting a letter soon since I have 'Bronco' in the url for my history books website too.

Todd Z.

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yeah, Ford must be getting p#ssy about folks using Bronco in their names again. They did it with the Mustang folks years ago and cracked down on vendors using the Bronco name on their products (Tom's seats and steering wheels lost the Bronco logo, Duffs t-case shifters lost the logo). I figured Tom's would be ok since they changed to TBP a few years ago but apparently it wasn't enough.

Maybe I'll be getting a letter soon since I have 'Bronco' in the url for my history books website too.

Todd Z.

Totally why I had to abandon the new Bronco Driver App as well as Bronco Builder app development.

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So how long until this forum has to be renamed? And how much of this stupidity from Ford do we take? It's stupid.

IDK, maybe if BRONCO hut started selling Denver broncos stuff, Ford couldn't raise a ruckus?

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Totally why I had to abandon the new Bronco Driver App as well as Bronco Builder app development.

That makes me wonder if they'll make Bronco Driver magazine change their name? I would also fear for this website's name as well.

Todd Z.

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That makes me wonder if they'll make Bronco Driver magazine change their name? I would also fear for this website's name as well.

Todd Z.

Definitely would suck to have to change the name of this website. But it doesn't change the community here, nor would it. And eventually any google SEO placement lost would render itself repaired; and probably without much delay. There's just so much data in these forums that can't be taken away.

Rbuddy98

Contributor
God what’s this world coming to. Ford didn’t create the word Bronco. It came into the English language in 1850 from the Spanish. I have been a Ford fan all my life but when I hear $&@“ like this it make me wonder. I was in the market for a new F150 now I’m thinking on waiting until the new Tesla cyber truck is out since everyone wants change. You think Ford would be proud these companies support the Bronco.

OP
OP
CowboyGrin

CowboyGrin

Contributor
the circus looks like fun
Loc.
Oklahoma
Well, glad to hear it’s only a trademark issue and not anything related to a vendor’s viability. Need all of them to support our habit, err, hobby.

Hate that lawyers and marketeers have such free reign in today’s society.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
They gave a facebook update a few weeks back.. seems ford got aggressive and told them they could not use 'bronco' in their domain now. hence the change to b-hut.com

I placed an order @ b-hut as well as called in a few questions. same service and it seems they now offer free shipping :)

go figure.. uggh

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
The reality is, there will be 'some of us' that buy the new Bronco, but Ford is going after the mass market / Jeep / never owned a Bronco crowd.

Not saying that's a positive or a negative but the new Bronco / Vintage crowd is a completely different deal. Ford wants to own the accessory / enhancement business going forward. That's why they are packaging aftermarket stuff for financing.

I have two LR Defenders. Land Rover didn't try to screw over the vintage / aftermarket crowd like Ford is doing here.

Watch Ford v. Ferrari and you can get an insight into their corporate mentally.

76BroncoPete

Contributor
B-hut.com now, which I just saw was already posted on page 1 of this thread, my bad

jckkys

Bronco Guru
Big corporations are run by cowards who hand the reins over to the lawyers. So with questions like this, they end up shooting themselves in the foot. Ford has no intention to build and market parts and accessories for classics. They're hurting themselves to bully others. A better business decision would be to promote the Bronco brand. Corporate lawyers aren't business men they're bullies.