• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

bronco II build up

rooster4089

Loc.
Dothan Alabama
I have built 2 early broncos in the past, a 75 half cab and a 76 soft top, but they turned out to nice to be put on the trails. So I have decided to build this little bronco II to play with. It was just sitting at the house. I plan to 4 link it with coilovers. V-8 and auto trans. Do you think I should run a Dana 44 or go bigger. I plan to hit the rocks with it to "wet my whistle" I guess you could say. I got to start somewhere. I am looking for advice on a budget I don't want to build a moon buggy yet. Just something to get the family involved in the addiction. If I can get something built on a budget then I can lure my wife into driving it and she will release the cash flow freely! Come On.

broncomaster

Loc.
Edgewood,Wa
You would be money ahead to build another eb. Find one that has a dented body and you will not feel bad about hammering it in the rocks. As for the b2 you will break it the frames are weak and you will spend alot converting it to handle the "rocks" bronco 2's just never wet my whistle I guess.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
I built an '85 with a 302 out of gt mustang and a c-4. Went mild with only 32" tires, but i was amazed where it would go and how fast it would get you there. I had used an 8.8 out of a late model Ranger, I also had used a late model Ranger Dana 35. Was plenty strong enough, i was pushing around 300 hp.

MpCrewcab

Loc.
Jefferson, WI
heck might as well swap the b2 onto an EB frame then. a buddy is in the middle of doing the same- a b2 with a 4BT 4 linked front and rear with air shocks on all 4 corners.