• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1969 Bronco Project K.I.S.S build/update thread

OP
OP
frdboy

frdboy

Contributor
Hey, if it fits, it’s a winnah!
And, as we’ve found out from watching Engine Masters, a hard 90 at the inlet doesn’t effect power anywhere in the range.

Even if it does kill a couple HP at the top, not worried about it in this build. Glad I could package it all in there.

OP
OP
frdboy

frdboy

Contributor
Nice part about going DBW is that I can control the pedal vs blade opening ramp with the Term X, this should make the technical spots on the trails a little easier to deal with.

Attachments

• PXL_20240806_104345914.jpg
    PXL_20240806_104345914.jpg
    293 KB · Views: 6
OP
OP
frdboy

frdboy

Contributor
Exhaust is done, used band clamps at the mufflers just in case I want to try a few different options. Running Dynamax ultra flows now, for as short of a system they actually are not crazy loud. Can easily have a conversation in the Bronco at idle and cruise.

I have some Flow master super 40's I may try to see how they sound.

Took it for a little drive last night to do some data logging and tuning, she's a beast, very strong runner..

Attachments

• PXL_20240808_224606190.jpg
    PXL_20240808_224606190.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 18

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Completely discreet duals? Or is there a crossover, or connection between the two banks anywhere?
The super 40s probably sound really good. But I’m guessing they are going to be pretty loud in a Bronco also.
Then again, I think those were what a friend of mine used in his bronco build, and they simply sounded great. Not too loud, not too quiet.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Are they part of that series of Flowmaster’s that are supposed to reduce drone?
I forget what the designation is, but I’m pretty sure that whether my friends were 40s, or 50s, they were the anti-drone version.

OP
OP
frdboy

frdboy

Contributor
Completely discreet duals? Or is there a crossover, or connection between the two banks anywhere?
The super 40s probably sound really good. But I’m guessing they are going to be pretty loud in a Bronco also.
Then again, I think those were what a friend of mine used in his bronco build, and they simply sounded great. Not too loud, not too quiet.
No Crossover, I agree the Super 40's probably will be more aggressive.maybe save those for dune trips!

OP
OP
frdboy

frdboy

Contributor
Here is the difference at idle, Flowmasters are definitely a little louder but no drone issues, can easily have a conversation while cruising with either. Both get loud on Accel.