• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco in Austin, TX - looking for help/advice

Monkeypunch

Loc.
Ft. Worth, TX
Hey threre,

I've just moved to Austin from Ft. Worth, and I know there are far more Bronco-afficionados down here than back in D/FW. I've owned my '71 for over 10 years now, and I'm finally preparing to do a full rebuild on her beginning in the next couple months (we're in an apartment now, and searching for a house to rent with a garage.)

Regardless, I'm looking for some friendly soul who wouldn't mind taking someone under their wing to assist with some advice and questions for this project. I've never done a full rebuild on a vehicle before, but I've done easy to moderately difficult repairs on her... so I feel confident that I can pull this off with some patience, time, and assistance.

If anyone is interested in helping out with some guidance, etc.... drop me a line.

Thanks in advance!

ET

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I know there are far more Bronco-afficionados down here than back in D/FW.

I resent that remark. You mean Ft. Worth right?;D Seriously. A lot of good folks down there that will be able to help you spend your money.

Eugene

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
There's loads of great Bronco folk down there.

You should have been a little more vocal up here, there's a handfull of Fort Worth based EB guys, and I'm over in Arlington, with loads more of them in Dallas and Collin counties.

Check the link in my sig for the Lonestar Early Bronco Club, and sign up for the email list. It's a great resource to meet some local enthusiasts, and get the goods on when/where the next get-together may be.

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
I am here in Austin, but have very little free time as of late.... I have various EB's in various states of frame off to running and driving. I learn as I go. Drop me a PM.

Baja71

Bronco Guru
What Gummi said. Get on the list!! (I think we DFW guys just got MonkeyPunched!)

- Just another poor shmoe EB semi-fan in DFW ;D ;D ;D

OP
OP
M

Monkeypunch

Loc.
Ft. Worth, TX
There's loads of great Bronco folk down there.

You should have been a little more vocal up here, there's a handfull of Fort Worth based EB guys, and I'm over in Arlington, with loads more of them in Dallas and Collin counties.

Check the link in my sig for the Lonestar Early Bronco Club, and sign up for the email list. It's a great resource to meet some local enthusiasts, and get the goods on when/where the next get-together may be.

Hey there,

Looks like I should have been more vocal, yeah. I never saw many EBs around town in D/FW, and D/FW isn't renown for outdoors activities. Since my girl and I have moved to Austin I've seen far more EBs around town, and whenever I visitied this list it seemed I was always hearing from Austinites. Oh well...

I've signed up for the list. I'll definately be active, and hopefully it will wind up being a great resource in finding folks around Austin that might want to help with the project.

Thanks again for all the responses!

Cooter_76

What part of town are you in? There are quite a few Broncos spread all over town. I know (or have met) at least a dozen of them. Like mp, I don't have a lot of spare time on my hands, but I'd be willing to help if time allows (although I have limited experience, myself.)
Once you have a place to work on it, try sending out an invitation for some evening/Saturday to this forum and the LEBC list. Maybe some of us can come by.

Welcome to Austin!

OP
OP
M

Monkeypunch

Loc.
Ft. Worth, TX
What part of town are you in? There are quite a few Broncos spread all over town. I know (or have met) at least a dozen of them. Like mp, I don't have a lot of spare time on my hands, but I'd be willing to help if time allows (although I have limited experience, myself.)
Once you have a place to work on it, try sending out an invitation for some evening/Saturday to this forum and the LEBC list. Maybe some of us can come by.

Welcome to Austin!

Heya,

I'm up in NW, near the Arboretum. Our next place, which will have a garage, will likely be off 360 up here... which should be within the next two months.

I'll definately throw out an invite and have a cookout sometime later this summer once I have a place to work on her.

She's a '71, 302, entirely stock. Not a bucket of rust, but she definately needs quite a bit of work. Nearly every square inch of her is original, down to the bushings... with the exception of a few parts - master cylinder, a few brake lines, air filter assembly, wheels, a few portions of the shifting column (she's three-on-the-tree and I rebuilt the original column shifter last year, but it's all messed up again, so I need to order the entire rebuild kit and do it over). She just needs a lot of TLC. However, I never plan on parting with her, and I don't want to cut her up at all. I simply want to strip her down, and rebuild her in order to preserve her.

I'm on the mailing list now, so I'll definately work on coming out for meets, etc.

Thanks a lot for the response!