• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Makeover, North Carolina Edition, Need a Crew! Saturday 4 December

Tuck

That would be good stuff if you were close. I couldn't do it with mine (although I should). I spend a full day scrounging to find the right stuff. Military here too (23.5 so far), but Unc Sam monkey wrenched me with not one, but two PCSs since I tore the Bronco apart. Even the stuff I kept together isn't together anymore. I hate to think of all of the stuff I had to get rid of, including an entire parts truck.

Congrats on retirement & good luck!

OP
OP
Young Army Vet

Young Army Vet

Loc.
Ft Bragg
All,

I'm just going to throw this out there and see what happens. Long story short, I need help putting my EB back together and I think, with the right people, we can do it in 1 DAY! Heck if a bunch a guys can rebuild a house in a day I think a bunch of EB owners can put some Army Vets retirement gift together. Who know's maybe ABC will want to hear our story and this build will make us all rich. Just a thought... Anyway, What I have so far:

Rebuilt 302 engine sitting on my garage floor
New Motor Mounts
Refurbished C4 and TC sitting on my garage floor
New 4 Barrell Carb
New Fuel Pump (on engine already)
New Water Pump (installed already)
New Headman Headers (in box)
New Painless Wiring Harness (older version but new in box)
New Gauge Cluster
New Radiator and brackets
New Hoses

Equipment I have:
71 Ford Bronco w/ 4 inch suspension lift
Garage
Craftsman tools
Two Jack stands
Engine Hoist
Engine Stand
Not so good floor jack

What I think needs done the most is slide the C4 and TC back in, put the motor in and hook up the wiring harness, slap the dash in place and put all the fuids back in. I'm sure there will be some trips to the Auto store but I believe we can do it all in 1 Day. I guess you can say I did a good job tearing everything down but I'm not so hot at putting everything back together.
If there are things I need to buy prior to the 4th please send your recommendations and I'll get what I can prior to then to eliminate time wasted running to the store.

What can I give to those who come:

Free all you can eat NC BBQ and all you can Drink. If you're mechanicaly savy and pull a lot of wrenches on my EB and live relativly close I can pay for your mileage ($.30 a mile) to and from my home in Whispering Pines, NC. Other than that I think it would be a good time for EB owners to get together throw a BonFire and tell war stories about their EB's.

So, If anyone is interested in helping out on that day please let me know. I look forward to any and all help.

Thanks so much,

Young Army Vet

How's folks schedules looking for this weekend? It's suppose to be cold but sunny here in Carthage, NC.

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
I was planning to come but I was also volunteered to help out in our towns X-Mas Parade on Sat. My kid is involved with a lot of the activities so I will not be joining you (though I will probably be wishing I did...)

OP
OP
Young Army Vet

Young Army Vet

Loc.
Ft Bragg
I was planning to come but I was also volunteered to help out in our towns X-Mas Parade on Sat. My kid is involved with a lot of the activities so I will not be joining you (though I will probably be wishing I did...)

Family first! Thanks for trying to make it and have fun at the X-mas parade