• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Nose down

OP
OP
svastano

svastano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pulaski, PA
Well for those that asked for photos of the underneath Here they are:

HDOIqEN.jpg

2iSGMEr.jpg

QAOOFIp.jpg

SgoaA8M.jpg

ynkdafL.jpg

Here is the side of the front bumper with the winch:
ZBwIMd5.jpg

Attac

Contributor
Looks like you have a Fiberglass front end. So that reduces weight on the front and would change the whole equation again. Is it a complete glass front?
Chuck

OP
OP
svastano

svastano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pulaski, PA
"Where did ya get that emergency brake on your rear differential?" That is from TSM. The Streetrod Manufacturing Co out of Colorado.

Looks like you have a Fiberglass front end. So that reduces weight on the front and would change the whole equation again. Is it a complete glass front?
Chuck
Whole body is glass. Only the rad support and the inner fender wells are metal.

OP
OP
svastano

svastano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pulaski, PA
What is the U15* number on the glove box data tag? (U152 153?) You could have a medium or heavy duty stock suspension. They sat anywhere from 1" to 1.5" higher in the rear from the factory. Add the winch bumper and that explains the difference.

A 2-2.5" front spring should level it out pretty well.
I finally remembered to look at the VIN tag: Here it is but to me it looks like U156 But I noticed the front vs rear gvwr… Is this telling us that the rear is beefed up?
H1P1UsV.jpg

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
I finally remembered to look at the VIN tag: Here it is but to me it looks like U156 But I noticed the front vs rear gvwr… Is this telling us that the rear is beefed up?
H1P1UsV.jpg

That is U15G which is the VIN(G means V8). You have to look at the glove box tag to see what GVW package it has. U150, U151, U152, U153. But, looking at the GVW rating of 4600 lbs. it looks to have at least a medium duty package(standard is 4300 lbs.). I have also heard rumors that late '76 and '77's may have had a little taller suspensions than the previous years but have never looked into it or seen anything to back that up.