• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BRONCO!!! Obsession or Passion

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
My current lady friend has not yet seen my Bronco, but before she needed a more modern daily driver, she had a '68 corvette that she did all of the work on herself. I'd say there's a pretty good chance that she'll think the Bronco's cool. Then again, she is a Chevy gal %)

KJHill

Contributor
Loc.
Central WA
My wife doesn't like the Bronco very much... She acts like I'm cheating on her when I spend so much time with the Bronco... ;)
I have to say "Passion" at this point, but an "Obsession" is just down the road a little ways I'm sure, after a new motor.

4x4Alaska

Loc.
Wasilla, Alaska
Oh, I'm definitely obsessed, but, my wife just rocks...she's now sportin' the 77 uncut in my sig ;) what a gal...I eat and sleep EB'S, no doubt they're my addiction....I'm thinking my new plate will read EBSESD....

Hogback

as i'm getting ready to wright my response the wife comes in and snaps at me "how can you spend hours on that site!" "I've only been on here for about 30 minutes."
"why are you always fiddling with that bronco?"
"what are you doing to it now?"
"are you buying another bronco part?" "yes, a kanuter valve blew, it's very important because is supports the vehicles safety intregal support chassis system which is tied in with the ..." "HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?" "Honey, family safety comes first."

tabascom16

Loc.
Salisbury, PA
I would definately say obcession. I always like seeing all the other sport utility people looking with smiles on their faces...particularly if they are in JEEPS!

chromeyellow

Loc.
Lecompte, Louisiana
The Only Thing My Wife Ever Said Bad About My Obsession Was "huh, I Bet You Have Five Hundred Dollars Tied Up In That Old Bronco" I Said Yea, Maybe Even A Little More Than That. But It Does Keep Me Around The House Working On It.

Brettman

Loc.
Houston
Just got the second one this weekend all based on the urging of my wife, and of course my crazy desire to do it all again! We have actually gone out in the garage each night since she arrived just to kick the tires and stare. Then, without prompting, she says something like "what about getting some better tires and maybe some seats like the last one"...Nice to have the support.

I pledge to treat both of my girls better than the Astros treated me last night!

Brettman
:eek:

ghost66

Bronco Guru
A compulsive, often unreasonable idea or emotion.
obsession

ghost66

Bronco Guru
A powerful emotion, such as love, joy, hatred, or anger.
Passion

chromeyellow

Loc.
Lecompte, Louisiana
She's Cooled Down Over The Past Few Years Over This One But I Bet She Won't Accept The Next One Quite So Well. She Does't Know That I Have About 75 Percent Of The Parts In My Shop For My Next One. I Figure It's Better To Get Forgiven Than To Get Permission.

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
She tells me that it is an obsession...........she tells everyone else that it is my passion.

I remind her all the time to say what she means and mean what she says.............I don't think this concept makes sense to any woman!! lol