• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco owners in TX?

oakley144

how many of you live in texas and own a bronco? where are some good places to go wheelin? and are there any places in texas to get parts?

ET

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Check out lone star EB club, http://www.lonestar-ebc.com/LEBCPortal.asp. There are groups from all parts of the state. Email Lee if see if they know of group near you. You can find out different trails on the site also. Look in event history and links.
The only parts place I know of is Jim Holy's outside of Dallas. I can't seem to find his number but someone here will know.

Eugene

U

Unregister

all of the river bottoms & gulleys were popular until the first day of 2004 when the law stopped it, within a 1000 feet with motorized vehicles is illegal, no more chasing hogs down the river bottoms----bunk

eBronc

Loc.
Austin, Texas
oakley144 said:
how many of you live in texas and own a bronco? where are some good places to go wheelin? and are there any places in texas to get parts?

1. Lots of us - including me.

2. Katemcy Rocks and Trees Ranch are my favorites.

3. eBay.

45acp

Loc.
Texarkana AR
Katemcy is nice. Barnwell Mt. at Gilmer is nice too.... more family oriented, although the trails are definately getting harder as the years go by.

YelloTx73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Katy/Galveston, TX
You'll find lots of EB owners here in Texas. As far as parts, I second eBronc, eBay and the web from the Bronco houses. Down here we do alot of wheelin on the beach, stay away from the dunes though or you'll get a nice ticket. There aren't too many places in the Houston area that I know of, there's Spring Creek, north of Houston, and a few spots out North and in Katy. Don't forget about some other spots in Texas, check out the Hill Country area, as well as Alto and I believe Gilmer is still open (I think thats the name)

U

Unregistereds

spring creek area ( around the splash town exit) is a bust area now, by katy around the movie theater (grand parkway) is slowing being swallowed up by developers however it still fun will motorcycles & mud trucks

atx-davis

Loc.
Austin Texas
I'm in Austin TX, I I've got a 1976 Early Bronco. glass body, centech harness, 302, C4..custom dash/autometer guadges.,MSD,.much more to come. :cool:

Baja71

Bronco Guru
ET said:
The only parts place I know of is Jim Holy's outside of Dallas. I can't seem to find his number but someone here will know. Eugene

972-286-4249

tx1ton

Loc.
Boerne, TX
Definitely check us all out on the LEBC site listed up top. There's a ton of great folks out here in TX with EB's and you can find a lot of parts by joining up with the LEBC folks and asking on thier mailing list...I think we are all trading around parts from the same 3-4 EB's, they're just making the rounds from one member to another.... ;D

jaroh

There are three or four of us running around here in Abiliene. I personnally haven't done any four wheeling here. A couple of my friend go down by one of the small lakes. They tend to get stuck or end up pulling people out.

Duane.

TexasBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Waterford, MI
I live in San Angelo / Lubbock. The truck is home in Angelo and I am in Lubbock learning. Basically anywhere in Texas is a fine place to wheel as long as you go about it the right way. But so far one of the BEST "rock crawling" parks is in Katemcy Texas...is abotu an hours drive from Mason Texas they have events all the time, and that Lonestar club even has a wheeling event there every year.

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
There's a pretty good representation of EB's here in Texas. If'n you wanna blow off the second half of the day on Thursday, we're gonna have some BBQ and beer at Bone Daddy's here in Dallas at 5:30. ;D

So you're what, about 30 miles north of Abilene? There seems to be a growing number of EB's popping up out in that part of the world. I make it to my folks place fairly often just south of Cisco, and one of these days, I wanna do some west Texas wheelin. (I need to get my rig back together first though)

As far as venues for wheelin go:

The Wheelin Ranch, near Nocona.
Barnwell Mountain Recreation Area, near Gilmer (a long drive for you, near 6 hours if you go the speed limit)
Katemcy Rocks, which is near Mason
Clayton, Oklahoma which is fast becoming the mecca for wheelin here in the south central part of the US. Lots of great trails, though not too many for the beginner. It's worth the drive.
Disney Oklahoma - more great wheelin. Something for everybody. A long drive.
Then there's always cow pasture wheelin.

OP
OP
oakley144

oakley144

hey texasbronco i still owe you some roll bar pics but i haven't got it installedyet...don't think i forgot.

JRS77

Loc.
Omaha, Texas
Great to see another steed in the great state of TEXAS. Most of the places have been mentioned to wheel. I personally live in Omaha, TX close to Texarkana but my family is from Haskell and I wll be going there this weekend for a family/christmas reunion. I'll keep a watch out for ya when i'm out there. My uncle has a ranch called the circle S ranch on the way to the lake in Haskell County. Both my Mom and my Dad are from that area. Dad Haskell and Mom from Weinert.

texaswildcat98

Loc.
Wichita, KS
Does anyone know if there is anything up around Lufkin? I was up through there going to Rusk last weekend and there was a lot of possibilities...

Someone needs to start a Bronco parts warehouse in Houston... I'm tired of paying shipping... ;D ;D

OP
OP
oakley144

oakley144

someone just needs to start one in texas. i would drive up to three hours to keep from paying oversized shipping.