• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Parked Sideways in the Garage!!!

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Hah, got the 73 tub on the rotisserie, took a bit more work because the rot is adjustable, got it on with 4 guys and me as the spotter/mounter. Got the 76 tub removed and mounted on the 73 frame, tucked the rotisserie and 76 chassis in the garage to work on em. I only forgot to disconnect 2 things when removing the 76 tub, the fuel lines that went to the evaporator (smog crap) and one retainer holding the speedo cable. All in all it wasn't too bad and it is quite fun to spin the body on its side and just step back :eek: its wierd seeing it like that but oh so cool and easy to work on. Next step is to clean up PO welds underneath and get everything ready to be por15ed as well as clean up the frame and suspension on the 76 chassis (not bad just dirty). All in all a successful night!

Attachments

• parkside1.jpg
    parkside1.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 128
  • parkside2.jpg
    parkside2.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 85
  • parkside3.jpg
    parkside3.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 117
  • frametime.jpg
    frametime.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 111

hose101

Contributor
looks great. Did you have any problems with getting the tub off the frame. while it was in the garage? Is that a homemade rot. or store bought?

welndmn

Bronco Guru
HA!
That pic just makes me laugh, I was working last night thinking I needed a bigger garage, but I also never rolled a rig in it either.

OP
OP
Tito

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I got the rotisserie from the guy I bought the new 73 tub from, he had made it to do the project but got burned out and got rid of everything, changed directions. It is pretty nice, it worked well. It rained all evening so we tryed to stay in the garage as much as possible, before my help arrived I used a high lift jack to get the body up in the rear to mount the back side of the rotisserie, then when the help showed we lifted the body back a fewe feet to mount the front part of the rot. Then once both sides were mounted we trucked it into the garage and I mounted the 2 stands and bottom support. The bottom support was a help and a curse all at the same time, took a bit of adjustment to get it the weight distributed like I wanted it (if the middle support that slid over the 2 stands was longer it would have been a sinch). My garage has pretty tall ceilings so that is a real help, the Bronco rolls with no problems at all, getting it under the door was tight but it worked. If I did it again I probably would have just done it all in the garage...lift the body install the supports and roll the chassis into the driveway. Lucky me there will be a 2nd time on Project Pretty in Pink 72. It was a lot of fun and just plain cool to have the bronco sitting like that in the garage (make a lot more space too!).

j.r.nice

Bronco Guru
EB's and FSB's all like being sideways in a garage....takes up less room.

Your resto-mod looks great....makes me want to do another EB!!

J R

Attachments

• 89-261.JPG
    89-261.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 46