• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Postal Vans

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
Another bronco myth , laid to rest ... :'( ... please bow your heads in respect for those who have uncovered the ever elusive unicorn . Now for heaven's sake shoot the darned thing and have it stuffed so it can be displayed for all to see . ;D<br><br> Now ... what about the right hand drive , made for export broncos ...anyone ?:?

OffRoadObsession

Loc.
Frankston/Tyler, TX
o NOO!!! Why did you have to bring that up? I want to see a right side drive bronco... But hey, when i get teh e-mail of the picture how am i going to get to post the picture of the postal bronco ?:?

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
[quote author=OffRoadObsession link=board=5;threadid=11937;start=30#92440 date=1040181976]<br>o NOO!!! Why did you have to bring that up? I want to see a right side drive bronco... But hey, when i get teh e-mail of the picture how am i going to get to post the picture of the postal bronco ?:? <br>[/quote]<br>Email it to me and I'll post it for you ;)

OffRoadObsession

Loc.
Frankston/Tyler, TX
OK.. maybe if i cant figure it out :p<br>I e-mailed the guy and told him to send me some pics of it... im just waiting for the reply with pics...<br>P.S. Where can i see a right side drive EB? ?:?

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
[quote author=madgyver link=board=5;threadid=11937;start=15#88499 date=1039053317]<br>I think that my 1st EB was owned by the state and was used by the state game wardens.<br>[/quote]<br><br>I've heard that Ford's first sale of EBs was to the State of Hawaii in the summer of '65.<br><br>20 years ago, our P.O. here in Issaquah was using rhd Scout IIs.

OP
OP
BwoncoHowie

BwoncoHowie

C-4 Wizard
Ok,<br>We have now established that it's a G-100. The G obviously stands for government. Any luck with those pictures yet?<br><br>BH

dhfastback

I posted this thread last year but never got a response but heres the story. In the mid 70s my Pop drove a truck down at the piers in Camden, NJ. In one of the storage yards was a unknown number of Broncos say at least a couple of hundred. The story went that they were built for overseas but where sent back for some unknown reason. Supposedly they were right hand drive. They sat there for at least 5 years and then where gone, we could never find anything out about buying one when they were there. I dont know if they were crushed or????

G

;D Hey OffRoad,<br> I just emailed the guy. hopefully he will get back to me this weekend. I'm about 20 mins away. Don't worry I'll take my digital camera with me. Is there any info you'd like form the guy? Email me with it tweet66@comcast.net Ken<br>

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
[quote author=howiebilt link=board=5;threadid=11937;start=30#89358 date=1039307257]<br>Jeepster ! that is the coolest thing I've seen in a while . I am going to have to steal that idea ... perhaps a huge one on my hood or something . ;)<br><br>BTW...quick response time on the post ;D<br>[/quote]<br><br>If you really like it you can have it.

4byford

Loc.
Yucca Valley CA
O.K. guys the search is over- I actually own one of the elusive postal Broncos. It is right hand drive, with the rare Bill Stroppe mail package, which included a factory NP435 4 speed and the dealer installed Hi pinion D60 front axle. By the way, it has a HD 9 inch with FACTORY 31 spline rear axles, I swear....<br>And it will kick the tar out of any one of your silly poser Broncos, just come try me!<br><br>Sincerely, Bass A$$ Mike<br><br><br><br><br>P.S. ;) Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!

ChrisinWV

Bronco Guru
Loc.
St George Island, MD
[quote author=4byford link=board=5;threadid=11937;start=45#94020 date=1040759449]<br>installed Hi pinion D60 front axle31 spline rear axles, I swear....<br>And it will kick the tar out of any one of your silly poser Broncos, just come try me!<br><br>Sincerely, Bass A$$ Mike<br><br>Now that is comedy<br>Mike lives on...........<br>Merry Christmas to allll<br><br><br><br>P.S. ;) Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!<br>[/quote]

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
I miss him too Howie :'(<br><br>Merry Christmas to you too Bass Ass and may Santa bring you someone to hook up and shut up ;)