• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Postal Vans

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
[quote author=astark link=board=5;threadid=11937;start=60#94188 date=1040841275]<br>I miss him too Howie :'(<br><br>Merry Christmas to you too Bass Ass and may Santa bring you someone to hook up and shut up ;)<br>[/quote]<br>I'll second that and meet you all at the DQ for a smoke show :eek:

OP
OP
BwoncoHowie

BwoncoHowie

C-4 Wizard
[quote author=BwoncoHowie link=board=5;threadid=11937;start=45#94078 date=1040779374]<br>How do I attach a pic?<br><br><br>[/quote]<br><br>I have a picture from an operators manual that Jason sent me. How do I post it?

72BlueBronco

My dad's first bronco (68) He bought from a goverment auction. It was four wheel drive thought. And I'm not sure it was goverment used, maybe it was a repro ?:?<br>One thing I do remember was it was a rust bucket. He wheeled that thing untill the frame rusted away and the body fell to the mud.

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Here's what howiebilt sent me.

[attachment deleted by admin]

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
BwoncoHowie sent this to me but as you all have noticed , my pic host isn't working so I asked jon to help . Thanks Jon and Howie ;)

jims66

[quote author=jeepster link=board=5;threadid=11937;start=60#94827 date=1041112695]<br>hummmmmm.....the front bumper looks the same.<br>[/quote]<br><br>I'm pretty sure that the headlight bulbs are the same.

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
It's cut, but no flairs. I guess that's why stamps are so cheep.

thesnake

Bronco Guru
I posted a couple of pictures on my web page on the diagram page.<br><br>snake

rulebreaker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Manton MI
[quote author=horslady link=board=5;threadid=11937;start=60#95869 date=1041359493]<br>Finally... I wonder did it have 4 wheel????? :D<br>[/quote]No lock outs so i would say NO! 8)

OP
OP
BwoncoHowie

BwoncoHowie

C-4 Wizard
I got an update, I found one of these postal vans at Pick A Part in Riverside (60fwy @ Pyrite exit). I was there Sunday getting a few items and found it just sitting there in the minivan section. I'm going to try to get digital photos of it this week. It appears to have been converted into an ice cream truck before it met it's fate at the boneyard. Looks like the roof was raised to allow someone tall to stand up inside.
It was a pretty interesting find and I'm glad I got the chance to check it out up close. Here are some things I noticed about it...

250 six with C-4
2WD
Straight hollow tube front axle with Bronco coils & radius arms.
Bronco frame, modified.
Right hand drive.
Bronco speedo & gauge cluster.
Bronco headlight bezels.
ID tag said Ford "Parcel Delivery Vehicle".
Appeared to be a 1973 vintage.
Someone already removed the 9" diff with 4.11's

BH

grant_71

Bronco Guru
[quote author=72-bronco link=board=5;threadid=11937;start=60#msg94770 date=1041095037]
My dad's first bronco (68) He bought from a goverment auction. It was four wheel drive thought. And I'm not sure it was goverment used, maybe it was a repro ?:?
One thing I do remember was it was a rust bucket. He wheeled that thing untill the frame rusted away and the body fell to the mud.
[/quote]

If it was a gov't vehicle it may have been a Park Service truck, there are two of em at one of the junkyards here, both green with white tops, holes cut in the roof for vents and lights, and everything is absoultly cobbled together. They are both four wheel drive, and except for a few small items i have taken, both seem to be complete, but rusted and beat to schiznit.