• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco prices are still shocking!

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This is from a Hagerty email I received with their thoughts on Bronco prices at the Scottsdale BJ Auction -

Barrett-Jackson/Brian Bossert

Vintage trucks and SUVs are getting even hotter

Frankly, we thought we were done being surprised by vintage Ford Broncos. Median #2 values for the 1966–77 models are up 97 percent since 2016 and have settled over the past couple of years, but the prices in Scottsdale were higher still. Among the classic Broncos crossing the block, the average price was $111,678. Remember, the median #1 (Concours, or best-in-the-world) value for 1966-77 Broncos is $82,000. Nearly half of the Broncos in Scottsdale sold for six figures and just 15 percent of them sold for under $50,000. Sixty percent of them were modified or customized to some degree.

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
All my rusty hulks are well, still rusty hulks. But maybe someone will want them someday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
Whatever... The $ value isn’t important to us. In fact a lower value would cost us less for insurance. We’re original owners, and our Bronco has a huge family history. It couldn’t be sold anyway.

u13bronco

I wish I had been into Broncos in my younger days :mad: Nope, stupid old me was into coupes as a kid. Wasn't until a handful of years ago in my late twenties that I started getting into Broncos. Now it's a bit of an obsession. Just wish I had known about them when they were more affordable! I don't care to flip them, i'd rather just have a full stable of them!

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Yup prices are just stupid. Makes me wish I still had half of the ones I have sold over the years. The prices have been making me consider selling one of the two I have left but I just cant seem to do it. And since prices are so stupid I know I would never buy another one at the current rates.

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
There is a bright side. With rising prices there's rising demand for parts. These keep our Bronco stores in business, creates jobs, and motivates suppliers to offer more products which helps keep our 50+ year old machines on the road. Imagine if you were trying to restore/keep running some obscure vehicle where the only parts were the ones you had to fabricate yourself or scour the junk yards to find.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Yup prices are just stupid. Makes me wish I still had half of the ones I have sold over the years. The prices have been making me consider selling one of the two I have left but I just cant seem to do it. And since prices are so stupid I know I would never buy another one at the current rates.

NO DOUBT..... I gave up a 71 NEVER should have sold :(

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
There is a bright side. With rising prices there's rising demand for parts. These keep our Bronco stores in business, creates jobs, and motivates suppliers to offer more products which helps keep our 50+ year old machines on the road. Imagine if you were trying to restore/keep running some obscure vehicle where the only parts were the ones you had to fabricate yourself or scour the junk yards to find.

That was alot of us 20-25 years ago:D

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Probably like most of you I follow EB sales on BAT. Prices are all over the place but the big money seems to go to Coyote motor, fancy interior and nice paint rigs. And I doubt the buyers are real Bronco people. I can tell you the best way to make a small fortune restoring EBs is to start with a large fortune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
Prices are high on classics? Geeze, what about new trucks? At least classics aren't depreciating.

71 CA Bronco

I bit off topic but I have noticed everywhere I go prices are escalating. Local restaurants are charging about 20-30% over what they where pre-COVID in my area. I doubt the prices will come down after COVID is no longer an issue. I'm concerned we are experiencing a serious inflation trend. Houses, classic cars, metals, lumber (inflation hedges for some) are over priced. You could say the same for stocks.

Government printing money and handing it out like candy. Both my kids 20 and 22 years old working part time received $1,800 stimulus refunds on their tax returns this year. I have a friend who's daughter stopped working last year because she was making more on unemployment. This is just stupid. As Dave Ramsey said "if the stimulus check is going to make or break you, then its already too late".

u13bronco

I bit off topic but I have noticed everywhere I go prices are escalating. Local restaurants are charging about 20-30% over what they where pre-COVID in my area. I doubt the prices will come down after COVID is no longer an issue. I'm concerned we are experiencing a serious inflation trend. Houses, classic cars, metals, lumber (inflation hedges for some) are over priced. You could say the same for stocks.

Government printing money and handing it out like candy. Both my kids 20 and 22 years old working part time received $1,800 stimulus refunds on their tax returns this year. I have a friend who's daughter stopped working last year because she was making more on unemployment. This is just stupid. As Dave Ramsey said "if the stimulus check is going to make or break you, then its already too late".

I went to harbor freight tonight to pick up some shop supplies. I was going to pick up a carton of latex gloves, assuming the prices had hopefully (finally) gone down from $10/box.

Oh, how wrong I was. $18/box for the cheapie latex gloves that used to be like, $3 pre-covid. I opted for the poly reusable hardy gloves for $1.99 a pair

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru

I agree. I've noticed this too! Absolutely EVERYTHING is over priced and inflated! Just wait, there is a storm on the way. I've heard from a few that this decade of the 20's is head down a dark path. That times are going to be rough for years to come before it gets better! It all sucks.

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
As we are in the auto parts business I can tell you a 20' shipping container used to be about $1200 to ship from overseas. Our current order has been sitting in Long Beach Harbor for 18 days and cost, with all the increase in harbor/freight unloading, $7500. Guess where that cost goes. We're eating some of it and adding the rest of it to our parts costs our customers pay. Our shipping broker in Dubai tells us people are in bidding wars to get on ships. We had a container loaded in January that was then pulled back off the boat because someone offered more to ship it. We used to use air freight on some orders. That's gone insane. Air freight used to go on passenger airliners but air travel has died. So significantly less planes flying and space on them is now a premium. It'll all get back to somewhat normal maybe in a year.

edgeoffroad04

AZ73 I second that as I just felt that increase in shopping cost for equipment(last minute cost upper) across the pond. I will say though the delays in customs were over pronounced coming into Baltimore. The real issue appears to be finding a trucker to pick up the containers.

As for Bronco price values, Its great. But those of us that aren't flipping its a catch 22. I.E. insurance is higher and adding to our collection is costly. Either way enjoy it while it lasts with the spotlight on the Early Bronco!