• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco ride north Alabama Choccolocco Mountain

ford man

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Leesburg Ga
Just seeing if anybody knows any thing about a ride I saw posted in the Bronco Driver magazine last month? It has date for the Saturday 3rd of August I am planning on going any body got any info or plans to come?

Last edited:

fordfan

Bronco Guru
So, No one knows anything about this?!? Someone put an ad in Bronco Driver Magazine for 'Nuthin!!! Come on!

fordfan

Bronco Guru
Choccolocco Mtn. Off Road Vehicle Park.

The ride that was advertised in Bronco Driver Mag was today. Originally, several Early Broncos were to make it, but because of many different issues, there were only two of us EBs there. The ride was really a FSB (Full Size Bronco) gathering, but everyone loves seeing an EB.

I met a 4bt Bronco from Birmingham at the park and we rode all day. Because it was just two of us we really covered a lot of the trails. (The larger the group, the slower it goes.) The full size guys had just started out when we were unloading and they had an accident which sorta ruined their day for riding. They had just started from camp and the Bronco slipped off in some guts, laying it over on the side. The Female rider had a finger between the rocks and the rollbar...Not good....:(:(

We rode some really challenging trails, ( and the best photos, we were too busy driving to think about a picture!) but, because we didn't have a photographer along, the pics are limited.

Attachments

• Choccolocco Mtn. trail ride 002.jpg
    Choccolocco Mtn. trail ride 002.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 25
  • Choccolocco Mtn. trail ride 014.jpg
    Choccolocco Mtn. trail ride 014.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Choccolocco Mtn. trail ride 013.jpg
    Choccolocco Mtn. trail ride 013.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Choccolocco Mtn. trail ride 012.jpg
    Choccolocco Mtn. trail ride 012.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 26
  • Choccolocco Mtn. trail ride 010.jpg
    Choccolocco Mtn. trail ride 010.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 24
  • Choccolocco Mtn. trail ride 008.jpg
    Choccolocco Mtn. trail ride 008.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 26
  • Choccolocco Mtn. trail ride 007.jpg
    Choccolocco Mtn. trail ride 007.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 25
  • Choccolocco Mtn. trail ride 003.jpg
    Choccolocco Mtn. trail ride 003.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

fordfan

Bronco Guru
A few more: Boy it is hard to drive and make pictures!

Attachments

• Choccolocco Mtn. trail ride 022.jpg
    Choccolocco Mtn. trail ride 022.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Choccolocco Mtn. trail ride 021.jpg
    Choccolocco Mtn. trail ride 021.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Choccolocco Mtn. trail ride 020.jpg
    Choccolocco Mtn. trail ride 020.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 23
  • Choccolocco Mtn. trail ride 019.jpg
    Choccolocco Mtn. trail ride 019.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Choccolocco Mtn. trail ride 018.jpg
    Choccolocco Mtn. trail ride 018.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 14
  • Choccolocco Mtn. trail ride 017.jpg
    Choccolocco Mtn. trail ride 017.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Choccolocco Mtn. trail ride 016.jpg
    Choccolocco Mtn. trail ride 016.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Choccolocco Mtn. trail ride 015.jpg
    Choccolocco Mtn. trail ride 015.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 16

fordfan

Bronco Guru
Loading up. Robert's 4BT powered Bronco does really well with him at the controls! For open diffs and non-aggressive tires, it is amazing!

Attachments

• Choccolocco Mtn. trail ride 023.jpg
    Choccolocco Mtn. trail ride 023.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 25
  • Choccolocco Mtn. trail ride 024.jpg
    Choccolocco Mtn. trail ride 024.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Choccolocco Mtn. trail ride 026.jpg
    Choccolocco Mtn. trail ride 026.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 22
  • Choccolocco Mtn. trail ride 028.jpg
    Choccolocco Mtn. trail ride 028.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 23
OP
OP
ford man

ford man

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Leesburg Ga
Man looks like yall had a good time.I spent the day in the bed after I pulled muscle in my back tying the bronco down to trailer getting ready to go really ruined my weekend:mad:Looks like I missed out on some fun:( thanks for the pic

fordfan

Bronco Guru
Man looks like yall had a good time.I spent the day in the bed after I pulled muscle in my back tying the bronco down to trailer getting ready to go really ruined my weekend:mad:Looks like I missed out on some fun:( thanks for the pic

Yep, you missed a good day, but I know you couldn't help that at all. We will have to schedule another ride!:cool::cool:

sgtdcoulter

Loc.
Peachtree City Ga.
Looks like y'all had fun.
I spent Monday thru Saturday in Albany, taking care of dad. We thought we lost him, but he pulled thru and is now in a nursing home. Really hate it but it was for the best.
Tucker looks more like Sparky every day

fordfan

Bronco Guru
Hey David! Good to hear from you! Sorry to hear of your Dad's issues; I know he has had issues for a while. Maybe the institution can get everything regulated to his benefit.
We had a good ride, really with just two of us (Talked and watched some buggies and some full size Bronco guys, but as previously stated, they didn't have a desire to ride very much. Some of them were from Florida, and I know the hills looked insanely steep and long to them!)

I really thought several times Saturday about the SOWEGA clan!!!

YES!!! Sparky's two boys had a Trip!!! Sparky made a few more pics with my camera, but he didn't make them...if you know what I mean...He didn't press the button far enough!!! He pointed the camera at me, Tucker, and Braden, but ..NO PICS!