• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco rollover

Mountain Ram

Contributor
Recovering Masshole
Loc.
Abingdon, VA
Thats a pretty mean wrecker!!

Too bad about the EB. I would like To see an update on the repairs.

Todd

Bubbaluv

Loc.
Agoura Hills, CA
Yup, lucky. Not to minimize the danger, but at least it came down in the brush and it doesnt look like it flipped over. Semi soft landing maybe?

mudstud

Contributor
Bronco Bonehead
Loc.
Excel
That was the first thing I noticed. I agree really lucky.

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
Yup, lucky. Not to minimize the danger, but at least it came down in the brush and it doesnt look like it flipped over. Semi soft landing maybe?

Yeah, I thought the same thing...there did not appear to be too much damage. I like the exhaust. I think that is the first Bronco I have seen where the turbo style muffler was not clocked at a 45 degree angle.

Ranchtruck

The top will do absolutely nothing in a rollover, it will crush down flat to the hood and fender level. Running a top is no safer than running it in roadster mode.

A rollcage makes up for the lack of structure in the top. Recommending running a top with no cage because it makes the truck top heavy is foolish.

bosshoff

Contributor
And there would be no chicken without eggs, or is it no eggs without chicken? FYI, I have a full cage tied into my frame.

Ethansdad73

Bronco Guru
Same color as my bronco before mine rolled. Ummmm maybe its a bad color combo that made it roll..%)

OP
OP
horsewpt69

horsewpt69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Industry, Pa
A Formula 1 racecar would roll over if it dropped off that ledge the right way. The driver had someone watching over him that day, that it didn't end worse for him. I'll take a rollover and hang upside down from the seatbelt over the roof smashin my bean anyday!

sriha

Even after the roll over the body work is still better than what mine will ever be;)

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA
^Ha... they kept saying was a nice Bronco, I kept thinking it's still nicer post rollover then half the EB's out there...