• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Safari-Whos doing the mad rush?

Clint

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
Im waiting on replacement shafts that Randys screwed up on, they are supposed to be here Wed, then I can finish putting the rear end together and go break in the ring and pinion. Hope to get all loaded and packed on thurs, then chill out on Friday. What will really happen is Ill be running around late friday night getting ready and get no sleep and roll out early sat morning for the trip over %) ;D

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Now why did I think this is something that I would be doing?

Good Luck and have fun...

cracker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pueblo, Colorado
Just bought a 99 f250 PSD for the new hauler. Bought it thru a local salvage auction,..so I currently have the tranny out to check the clutch and replace the rear main seal.... I still need to get a set tires for it and mount the camper, check wiring for trailer, install radio,....... Nothing like a last minute rush to get the adrenaline flowing. PLus, I am trying to keep tabs on how the Avalanche are playing.... Hoping to have it back on the road tonight and get the tires installed tomorrow. Trailer and camper on Tomorrow night... load up camper Thurs....... Thankfully, the EB is running fine, but still hoping ot have a quick go over to check for any loose nuts/bolts.......

Past_Miner

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Stuff done so far in the last two weeks:

-Installed air helpers on the powerstroke to deal with the new camper
-No radio in the camper..hmm..installed new radio
-I hate regular radio, installed satellite radio in camper
-"that's a cool 12v TV, honey", installed TV in camper
-Replaced broken fuel selector valve in Bronco
-I hate regular radio, installed satellite radio in Bronco
-Air helpers only hold air on one side. Replumbed air lines like the kit should have come.
-Bikini top for the Bronco is dry rotted. Built new bikini top.
-Replced ball joints on Bronco.
-Replaced brake rotors, pads and one caliper on Bronco.
-Bronco brakes still not so cool. Installed new proportioning valve.
-Bronco brakes still soft. replaced MC.
-Bled brakes, bled brakes, bled brakes. Everything new, still soft but better.
-I hate regular radio, installed satellite radio in powerstroke.
-Replaced rear drive line on Bronco.
-Weather went from 45 degrees to 70 degrees all weekend. Rode the Harley for two days.

Lost two days of progress and had a headache on Monday. Still need to:

-turn the brake rotors on the powerstroke
-bleed the brakes on the Bronco - again
-fix the clearance lights on the camper
-fix the tail lights on the camper
-fix the brakes on the trailer
-pack a ton of tools
-pack a ton of spares
-load the camper
-load the Bronco
-load the bike
-Work on Saturday morning :cry:

If history is any indicator, I will be up late on Friday too. We are leaving at about 2:30 on Saturday afternoon and should be at the Oasis around 7:00.

Steve

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
Tow rig's ready. Waiting on new front shafts/u-joints and new steering box to arrive. Should have shafts tomorrow. Still unsure about the box. Gotta install those, hook up and bleed the hydro assist. Hopefully it'll be ready Saturday morning, but if that steering box doesn't come it ain't moving out of the garage.

cracker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pueblo, Colorado
Tow rig's ready. Waiting on new front shafts/u-joints and new steering box to arrive. Should have shafts tomorrow. Still unsure about the box. Gotta install those, hook up and bleed the hydro assist. Hopefully it'll be ready Saturday morning, but if that steering box doesn't come it ain't moving out of the garage.

Geez, Steve, as close to moab as you are, can't you just coast there...??;D
Heck you only need to use the steering a couple of times at the most anyway.... Hope to see you out there Sat.
Dave

RT

Bronco Guru
Just finished the F150 box swap ,, steers heavy ,, it's a long drive ,, might take it out for the trip and use the Bronco box instead ..

I'd better decide soon ....

Is it friday yet ?? :)

Steve

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
Geez, Steve, as close to moab as you are, can't you just coast there...??;D
Heck you only need to use the steering a couple of times at the most anyway.... Hope to see you out there Sat.
Dave

I'm hoping to be there Saturday morning Dave. We'll see...it's looking less likely by the day. :cry:

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Clint

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
Working on a few things on the camper right now, will go out to the shop and start cleaning and organizing tools here in a bit. Its about all I can do until the new shafts show up tomorrow sometime...