• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Script/302 Emblem Install

tonytony9

Contributor
Hi Guys,

I purchased some 302 & Script Emblems for my 70 Bronco as they were removed at some point by PO. See attached photos for the now covered up pin holes.

Wondering if anyone has tips for drilling out this holes to install the keepers and then push the pins from the emblems into them. I was considering just drilling out a pilot hole. Anyone know the exact diameter that should be drilled out off-hand? Or any other install tips/pitfalls to avoid?

Screenshot 2024-07-01 082156.png
Screenshot 2024-07-01 082129.png

Best,
Tony

cldonley

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Robinson, TX
When I added the holes for the Bronco script to my new fenders, I miked the pins and drilled that size. The keepers are large enough to allow you to oversize them a bit if needed.

JSBX

Contributor
I would try making a template with some thin scrap metal or cardboard. Once I got them to fit right on the template just transfer it to the fender. Old plastic dealer plates work good for the template also.

JeffG

Contributor
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
I would look at the backside to see how those holes were filled in. It might be body filler and you could take a punch or similiar and simply knock it out.

Wild horse 75

Loc.
BC
I would look at the backside to see how those holes were filled in. It might be body filler and you could take a punch or similiar and simply knock it out.
This. And if it’s a ball of mig weld you might want to move them just a bit so you don’t have to try and drill through that and grind down the backside so you can get the clip on.