• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Script Sill Plate Install Recommendations

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hi Everyone,

I did a little searching for this; but, I can't really figure which sill plates I have, or the best way to install them.

I purchased some stainless steel script sill plates from another member a few years ago. Just now getting around to installing them.

The sill plates have holes drilled in each corner and also some two-sided tape on the back of each. I'm debating the cleanest way to install these.

I'm attaching a pic that shows the front of one and the back of the other.

Does anyone have experience installing this type? I Googled a fair amount and can't even come up the company that may have sold these. (Maybe I haven't looked hard enough.)

Thanks,

Jeff

20220528_170359 1920 x 1080 res.jpg

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
I put in place and very carefully opened and closed the doors a few times to check everything cleared. Then wax remover or windex the painted area I was applying then just used the adhesive to stick down. They have been in place for several years on one without any issues. I am not willing to drill.

OP
OP
Jeff10

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
I put in place and very carefully opened and closed the doors a few times to check everything cleared. Then wax remover or windex the painted area I was applying then just used the adhesive to stick down. They have been in place for several years on one without any issues. I am not willing to drill.
Hi Hyghlndr,

Thanks very much for the advice. Sounds like a good plan.

Jeff

ratbilt

I built mine used 3m trim adhesive and rivets

Attachments

• IMG_1972.JPG
    IMG_1972.JPG
    175.6 KB · Views: 25