• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco tail light interchange with trucks and vans?

NATEandALLI

Stupid question - will tail lights from the "bumpside" generation of trucks (67-72 F100, F250, F350 etc) and same year range of vans (E100, E200, etc) work on a early Bronco? And not just tail light lenses but the housings (reflectors) too. Our Bronco showed up without tail lights and it seems like finding actual tail lights from a Bronco is pretty tough but there are lots of trucks and vans getting parted out. Not only do we need the housings but we need the screws too. Found a '69 E100 getting parted locally and thinking about getting the tail lights but only if they'll fit.

TIA

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
The slick side trucks ('61 - '66) are the ones to look for, the bumpsides are not quite the same taillight buckets.

OP
OP
N

NATEandALLI

Thank you, good to know. I actually have a '71 F100 and I popped a tail light out to see if it would fit and it didn't seem like it would but I didn't really look at it close enough to see why but your comment confirms that it's different.

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
mmmm....rethink it. The 67-72 truck (van til 74) taillight assemblies work for right for '67-77 Bronco (not all trim rings). "Slick pickups" 61-66 will be right for '66 Bronco and will "fit" later Broncos till '77 but dont have the backup lamp built in...so you'd lose that feature.

Last edited:

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thank you, good to know. I actually have a '71 F100 and I popped a tail light out to see if it would fit and it didn't seem like it would but I didn't really look at it close enough to see why but your comment confirms that it's different.

Somethings up if your 71 truck taillamp body wont fit your early bronco........%)

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I may have a complete old set you can have for cheap. I bought all new lights but don't recall if I got the buckets too. I can send you pictures when I get home.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I may have a pair oh lens if you find buckets without lens that you can have. Haven't saw them in a while but they here sommers.

OP
OP
N

NATEandALLI

Somethings up if your 71 truck taillamp body wont fit your early bronco........%)

Well it didn't fit so.... The housing was different enough that it didn't go into the opening in the body. Seemed like it might have been too wide. I only spent a couple minutes messing with it. Will take a closer look again later.

RPM289

Not sure on tail lights but trim rings from 69 truck are a little different I had to use them to mount lights in my glass tub got them in for now but curved wrong to fit good. I have heard one from a econoline van will work anyone used them?

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Did a quick look in my box of spare parts and didn't see it, but they are here someplace. If you're interested let me know and I'll look more.

House

Minutia Militia
The Van reflectors are not the same as the Truck/Bronco.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Not sure on tail lights but trim rings from 69 truck are a little different I had to use them to mount lights in my glass tub got them in for now but curved wrong to fit good.

I wonder if you simply ran into the same issue I did with those? I took a pair off of a '72 Explorer Sport to put on my '71 and they did not sit anywhere near flat on my body!
Had to kind of massage them a bit and to this day they still don't fit the way I remember them on his Bronco.
Nice consistency there, if they don't even fit right between Broncos!
Go figure.

Paul

RPM289

May be Paul i just got them on did not have time to play with them much. Will do more when I get it down here.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
.. I've robbed a set from some old ford pickup & they worked .. Then I got a set of lens when I was still in the parts business. I believe they were either PM. Peterson or GloBrite..

OP
OP
N

NATEandALLI

Did a quick look in my box of spare parts and didn't see it, but they are here someplace. If you're interested let me know and I'll look more.

If it's not too much trouble - thanks. The hard part is that I need the mounting screws too.

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru

Attachments

• IMG_6291.jpg
    IMG_6291.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 13