• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco top.. What color white??

tml

Loc.
Ontario, Canada
I'm finishing up my 73 Ranger ( Sequoia Brown) and I'm I'm just about ready to paint my top. My Ranger strips are Wimbleton white.
Did the top match the Ranger stripes??
My books indicate a brighter white. Maybe an Arctic white??
Any input.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I had mine painted Wimbleton White but when I got the top home it looked caramel compared to the white flares so I had it repainted to GM /Toyota white. It matched the flares better.

SKEETER

Loc.
Pensacola Fl.
Top Color

I have heard of folks painting their trim (flares, top, doorpanels and dash) Wimbeldon White. Looking at the color chip I decided against it. It had too much of a cream look to it. I will be having mine painted withen the next month by a friend, and I haven't decided between Oxford White and Fleet White for my top, and flares. If your stripe is Wimbeldon White, thats what I would go with on the rest. If you don't you will notice the difference.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
The top should be Wimbledon white. The reproduction Ranger stripe kits we make are also color matched to the orignal Wimbledon white as well. However, we did once run a batch of the Ranger stripes in arctic white for those who wanted a brighter white and were not concerned with being like the originals.

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
I used Wimbeldon white as well. Both of my Broncos were this color from the factory. I have painted my 74 twice the first time I did it I used a single stage PPG Paint The second time I also used PPG but in Base/Clear I went two tone but the main color is still Wimbeldon white. I notice that the same color looks much brighter and more white in the base clear than it did in the single stage paint.