• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco tub 1970

AK1970bronco

Hey guys,
Want to ask a question about a tub... What is a bronco tub worth? It is a hard question because unlike a jeep that don't reproduce them so I have nothing to compare it to.. Now I know this is a very general question because there are manny factors. but let me paint the picture... Tub with no hood grill or tailgate that's why I say "tub". Sandblasted a little wile ago and since been primed. No rust in rockers or door jams. Rear drivers quarter panel missing. Rust in floor pans and behind inner finders, as well as lower rear quarters (where tail lights go) and a few small spots in other places but pretty solid tub in my opinion... cut rear passenger finder and does have window frame and working hinge. Window frame has a few small spots of rust but otherwise solid also has doors that are a five outa ten... Thanks guys for any feedback...

clarrance

Bronco Guru
Hard to say without pictures, but from what you described it sounds like a $300-$500 tub.

dave67fd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If you are familiar with body work/welding and what it entails, your the best judge of it and what your willing to pay. Again tough to say without pics but being sandblasted and workable, a tub like that up here can fetch possibly upwards of a couple grand if not a bit moore.
Sandblasting services alone can be upwards of $500 or more.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
it is worth whatever I will give you for it. Now get Hime to take some pictures will ya!!

OP
OP
A

AK1970bronco

Mark!
If you don't know why that's funny then maybe you should forget about the classic bronco forum and join a samurai forum. Well, never mind I think even those tubs fetch more than a few hundred bucks...
But all in all I don't really know that's why I'm asking.. But I do know that if you (Clarrance or mark) can find me a pretty solid tub for even double what you said let me know and I'll buy it and even give you guys a few hundred bucks... But either way, I asked for opinions and that's what you guys said.. So thanks for the comment

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It all depends where you live, if someone has to pay to ship it it will be less. In CA things just cost more, more people more demand, if someone was in the middle of nowhere less people less demand.
And you can get all the parts to build a tub, you just have to weld it together.

clarrance

Bronco Guru
A good rust free tub meaning 100% rust free, no dents and ready for paint I would say around $5000. I've seen them a lot higher and a lot lower priced. It all depends on how much labor it will need. I passed on a rust free tub about 2 years ago for $500, but it didn't have a straight piece of sheet metal on it, but it was rust free. You said yours needs a quarter panel, floor pans, inner fenders, taillight sections, & a windshield frame. I would not consider that to be rust free. Therefore without pictures I would still say your is worth $300 - $500. Again without seeing it in person going off your description to make yours 100% rust free it sounds like it would take at least another $2000 just to get it roughed in.

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
with rust id say less than a grand. I can get a new glass tub for 3 grand and never have to deal with rust again, so don't expect to get over a grand.

Since it needs work like a fender and some patching im gona jump on the $500 boat. You can pick up a entire drivable bronco with a body like yours and drive it home for 3 grand.

OP
OP
A

AK1970bronco

I'll let it rot for a grand.. Where I. The hell can you get a drivable bronco with a blasted solid rockers and jams and crossmember bronco for 3 grand
Please send me the link I'll buy it!!!!
Ohhh maybe your talking about a 78 and up. Cuz a 66-77 bronco I can't get the emblem for a grand lol

samamarshall

Obviously you don't like everyone's input, or disagree with it. You mentioned multiple places where it has rust, and rated the doors a 5 out of 10.... sounds like its not a "good" rust free tub to me. Have fun trying to sell it for $3000 then, or whatever you seem to think its worth.

Like the guys on Ebay listing their 'restored' broncos for $50k because they think it's worth way more than it actually is...maybe you'll get lucky and find that idiot you're looking for to buy it.

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well AK, I might just have to sell the 6 EBs I have and get a Sami. Thanks for the suggestion, I hadn't thought of that. I bought my last tub sans front clip and some Bondo but no rust for $400.00. But, hey, you're the expert. Obviously!