• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

bronco wont start

buckstone

Loc.
los angeles, ca
here we go again. battery is ok. there's a clicking sound when i turn ignition, but the engine wont turn over. almost, then just dies, then all goes dead. was working fine yesterday. so, what's the best way to troubleshoot? either a faulty starter, ignition, and/or alternator?
thanks.

vbro

If it starts but dies soon after, I would check the fuel filter and alternator. Also make sure your battery is clean and dry. Moisture across the top can drain the juice from a battery. Here in the desert, when it gets hot, that coupled with the high heat drains my battery. It's tough when you have an alarm with a kill switch. :mad: :mad: :mad:

OP
OP
B

buckstone

Loc.
los angeles, ca
thanks. the battery is pretty dry and clean , so i'm thinking a bad conection. any specifics on what/where to check ?- have never troubleshooted the starting system and/or wires before. got the voltmeter and circuit light tester. all the wiring is stock 76. thanks.