• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Broncobob family cage

cheapthrillb2

I got mine delivered today. Curious if anybody has some good pics of it installed and if anybody who has one could maybe measure the gap between the bars and hard top?

I replaced 80% of my floor, and my floor currently sits 1/8" higher then it would of from the factory. Worried that 1/8" will cause some clearance issues as I got the cage with the feet welded on.

FWIW I did search and came up with old threads talking about the cage but no pics or statements relating directly to my question.

fungus

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kaneohe Bay, Oahu
Here's some pics of one I welded up for a bud out here. He's putting on a soft top though, ditched the rusty hardtop. Hope they help you out. I don't think and extra 1/8" is gonna matter...

Attachments

• Fred's%20cage1.jpg
    Fred's%20cage1.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 228
  • Fred's%20cage2.jpg
    Fred's%20cage2.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 226
  • frame%20mount1.jpg
    frame%20mount1.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 210
  • frame%20mount2.jpg
    frame%20mount2.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 212

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
I got some info from Bronco Bob (very quick and nice). Once I get my other drivablity problems fixed up this is the next thing I am ordering. I hope some side shot photos pop up.

Fungus you can weld.

75Bronc

I don't have any pictures, but i love my family cage from broncobob. Best roll cae for the money by far in my opinion...

meech

Loc.
Seattle
Here's some pics of one I welded up for a bud out here. He's putting on a soft top though, ditched the rusty hardtop. Hope they help you out. I don't think and extra 1/8" is gonna matter...

most important tool .... the bud light! :)

ned72

Loc.
Truckee
so these are good cages then? cause what an awesome deal for an un welded cage already notched and everything. I dovetailed my bronc and was still gonna order one of these and just modify it because it is still so cheap compared to a custom cage

OP
OP
C

cheapthrillb2

Well two options on choices....Mine is the fitted option which was $100 more. Basically it came to my door (from oregon to michigan) for about $660. But for $560 you can get the unfitted option which means there's a little fitting and grinding to put it in, but still comes bent and notched etc..

75Bronc

The glove box opens about half way, just enough to get stuff in and out, and the parking break you can get to just fine...

ITOWU2

Loc.
close to Billings
as said the glove box opens half. I was able to unbolt my e-brake from the dash and move it over an inch or two and rebolt it there. works great.
Wes

OP
OP
C

cheapthrillb2

Tacked in place
IMG_20110223_140856.jpg

Then burned it in, drilled all the mounting holes, then removed it, and now painting it.
IMG_20110223_180304.jpg

IMG_20110223_180220.jpg

The bronco was to tall and my roof was to low, I couldn't pull the cage up and over the wheel wells. I had to deflate all 4 tires to clear the ceiling lol.

I had no fitment issues, I didn't have to trim or grind anything yet.....I haven't put the doors or top on. And I can almost open the glove box door completely, more then enough to stick both hands in it with comfort.