• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Broncos in Moab

BFPD630

Loc.
Berthoud, Colorado
I figured out why the Bronco was running rough, the air / mixture screws on the edelbrock carb rattled way out. Finished tuning and lubing the ol girl, now some more last minute things and I think I am good to go!

OP
OP
dodgepaul

dodgepaul

Loc.
Nevada IA
got 'em thanks, I wonder if we can talk Chris into bringing his neighbor again!!
I'll put in my back seat this time.
Congrats on gettin the truck to run better.
Mine is almost done. I was going to fire her up yesterday, but when I went to put gas in it poored on the floor. oooops
Hole in the tank, and after I thought I had just fixed the holes too.....

cbearly

Loc.
Wellington, Colorado
Paul- check your email, I sent those pics of you in the only mud hole in Colorado last summer.

dodgepaul said:
got 'em thanks, I wonder if we can talk Chris into bringing his neighbor again!!

Would that be this mud hole by chance? My neighbor is home for spring break right now, and we are having dinner with her tonight. ;D She's heading back to school this weekend, so she won't be able to go to Moab. You had your chance Paul, but chose to have some guy ride with you instead. %)

BTW - I love the irony in these pics. First your license plate, and second my neighbor running right by while you are looking the other way.

Attachments

• Paul-n-Mud-1.jpg
    Paul-n-Mud-1.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 29
  • Paul-n-Mud-2.jpg
    Paul-n-Mud-2.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 39
OP
OP
dodgepaul

dodgepaul

Loc.
Nevada IA
Chris that is funnier then heck!!! The story of my life, always lookin the wrong way when I should be lookin the other. Whether in the thick mud or the thick of life. Tell her I said hello, Irony is my middle name. Next time please mention you neighbor is female and cute and my buddy will be wonderin why I didn't make it by to pick him up.
Yea that's the mudhole. If you can't get 'er stuck, die tryn!!!
Drove the Bronco for the first time today. Besides the steering being off, so far so good. five days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
dodgepaul

dodgepaul

Loc.
Nevada IA
That will get you every time. Found a Warn 8000 for $400 in the paper yesterday Paul. You want the info?

Thanks for lookin out for me Andybut as I have always said "it's cheaper to wheel with a guy with a winch than to invest in one"
Maybe someday, cya soon ;D ;D ;D ;D

BFPD630

Loc.
Berthoud, Colorado
Thanks for lookin out for me Andybut as I have always said "it's cheaper to wheel with a guy with a winch than to invest in one"
Maybe someday, cya soon ;D ;D ;D ;D

Look who you are telling that to- I can never decide between a traction device and a winch. I figure, if I get one, I will need to other soon enough. So here I sit.
So confirm the plans for Thursday again- we are meeting at 11:00? It sounds like it will just be me after all, so I am flexible.

OP
OP
dodgepaul

dodgepaul

Loc.
Nevada IA
Yea 11:00 is the schedule. Probably at the Denver west truck stop at Ward Rd and I 70.
To bad your lady isn't comin with.
Did you make room reservations? Or are you stayin w/me and Jeff in the bach cabin?

BFPD630

Loc.
Berthoud, Colorado
Yeah, the woman said that she will sit this one out. I made reservations for a cabin when I was unsure if I was going single, so I gots a cabin all to my lonesome. 1100 at Denver west truck stop. Sounds good to me. I am working 3 days straight (60 hrs), I am about 12 hrs into it. I need a vacation. The weather looks okay for the trip, 66-69 partly cloudy. Rain on Wednesday.

OP
OP
dodgepaul

dodgepaul

Loc.
Nevada IA
wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
a blessing of good weather for our trip.
Keep your fingers crossed. I think I fixed my steering just now. I had to remove the keys in the splines on the inside of the drop arm on the steering box to get another spline or two but I have got three turns from side to side know. The gas tank leak is fixed only the power steering leak to go.
And passenger rock ski. I may make it with a day to spare, who'da thunk it?

OP
OP
dodgepaul

dodgepaul

Loc.
Nevada IA
Oh boy did I get alot done Andy, new 3.5" Cage lift, new power steering system w/cooler, shocks with the lift, coils spring and radius arms too, built a new R bumper including mounts, remounted and reinforced the Fr bumper with lights that actually work, overhead console with radio light and speakers, new yukon Fr axles, painted frame, painted roll bar, painted axles, new stereo, rewired a bunch of things, new tires 35's BFG Muds, rock skiis, skid plate on gas tank, hood shocks/cylinders, all told there were about 45 things big and small on the to do board, I think I got about 40 of them done. The truck really looks good. I'll try to get some pictures up later and let ya see,
I should even have time to check over the trailer b4 I leave.

BFPD630

Loc.
Berthoud, Colorado
Wow- it won't even recognize your ride. It sounds like you will have a fun time playing with all those new goodies. Pics would be great- oh wait- I guess I will also see you in 4 days on the way to Moab! I just finished changing the oil, rotating the tires and doing yet another bumper to bumper check.
So you added the 3.5 suspension lift- didn't you already have a 3" body lift too? Which power steering setup did you go with?

OP
OP
dodgepaul

dodgepaul

Loc.
Nevada IA
Its the same power steering I had I just replaced the pump and all the lines. I also added a cooler to help preserve the pump.
The body lift is a 2" so I should be about an inch shorter than Chris he has the same lift with a 3" body.
Yea the truck is lookin good. I have really spent alot of time fixin all the lil thiongs that get neglected forever. A broken wire here or a missing something there. Just cleaning things up and painting things that look poor. I have never been much of a detail the truck I am about to beat up type. But things were probably a little neglected even for me. Three days to go.......

BFPD630

Loc.
Berthoud, Colorado
Can't wait to see it. This trip has re-motivated me to put some more effort into the Bronco. I am starting to ponder things like a parking brake, front bumper, traction devices etc... I am curious about your new rear bumper. I would bet I had nearly 60 hours into mine, probably because of the tools available, but still, a lot of work.

OP
OP
dodgepaul

dodgepaul

Loc.
Nevada IA
I didn't build nearly the bumper you did. It doesn't have a tire carrier. It's only the bumper. I may modify down the road but for now at least you don't see up the back of my truck.
And yea I really enjoyed working on mine the past couple months too.
I would recommend you get lockers asap. They, beyond anything, do more in my opinoin to make the truck more enjoyable. You'll be amazed at what you can climb with just a rear locker. I still only have my front welded. I will probably put a spool or a detroit up there this coming winter when I do my gear swap. I am still amazed I got 6-7 years of heavy use out of the last minute weld I did before going to Moab in '98. It was still together when I took it apart and rewelded it last month. No metal shavings or any signs of wear at all in the diff.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dodgepaul

dodgepaul

Loc.
Nevada IA
Just checked Moab weather and we are really lookin good. upper 60's to lower 70's and sunny to partly cloudy all thru next weekend.