• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco's, murders & a MI cop that didn't stop.

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru
I read the preview which got me hook, line, and sinker.

Gonna order it and read the rest.

motoman

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Ordered it from Amazon....book binding was crushed because it was shipped with my wife's new CHINA dishes....%)

Got the new one yesterday morning...read all afternoon till 1am... then picked it up again this afternoon and finished it! I could not put it down!

I grew up in Flint Michigan and hunted the northern woods with my family all my young life from 1973-1981.... glad we never encountered evil bass turds like that!

Thanks for the tip....

djhudson05

Watched an episode of Sins and Secrets this morning about this. I missed the first 1/2 hour. The show was titled "MIO", and was on the Discovery channel.Pretty interesting. may have to get the book, I'm sure it is more informative than the tv show.

OP
OP
clarkaw1

clarkaw1

Loc.
Waterford, Michigan
Watched an episode of Sins and Secrets this morning about this. I missed the first 1/2 hour. The show was titled "MIO", and was on the Discovery channel.Pretty interesting. may have to get the book, I'm sure it is more informative than the tv show.

Thanks for the tip, I'm going to look it up.

BroncoLuva

Makes me thankful of where I was born

I was intrigued by the story and went online to do some research. The daughter of one of these brothers was convicted of a heroin-induced murder in 2006 or so and went-away. Sad because she was born into this family and grew-up surrounded by murderers. When she was young, her step-dad murdered her mother and he went away for it. Gives evidence to the nurture vs. nature argument. Also the star witness died a few years after giving testimony, must have known her time was near and wanted to make right. Good find.

coachbarnes

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
I found this on Youtube http://youtu.be/4BIIzc_p16A. It doesn't give away anything but cool to see the man name Bronco.:)

Great link - Thanks! Finished about 3/4 of the book last night.. Good stuff. I wish Bronco L. would get on this site..anyone who has restored over 30 EB's needs to join this crowd!

Also -- I don't want to hear any crap about what a bunch of hillbillies we are down South!! This story takes place about as far North as you can get and it has some of the biggest imbred, hillbilly, lowlife humans I've ever read about! ;) Who knew?!

Hank_

Bronco Guru
Great link - Thanks! Finished about 3/4 of the book last night.. Good stuff. I wish Bronco L. would get on this site..anyone who has restored over 30 EB's needs to join this crowd!

Also -- I don't want to hear any crap about what a bunch of hillbillies we are down South!! This story takes place about as far North as you can get and it has some of the biggest imbred, hillbilly, lowlife humans I've ever read about! ;) Who knew?!

I'm pretty sure they migrated here from down south at some point.;D

Henry

Last edited:

clarrance

Bronco Guru
Started reading it last night and can't put it down. Good reading. I grew up about 60 miles from Mio, and now I live in TN and I can tell you hillbillies are everywhere, but the Duvall brothers give a new meaning to the term Hillbilly.