• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Brought home a new 77( what kinda deal did i get?)

Thunder Chicken

well i stumbled onto a new bronco and could not resist it...here are the specs........

29,900 original miles.!!!!!!

1. front disk brake which has been completly refurbished in last two months
2. brand new 31 " tires on chrome rims
3. new flares
4. p.o installed a new driver side rocker panel and door post
5. p.o also installed a new drivers side floor pan
6. p.o installed all new hoses, new battery, and rear brakes and hoses.
7. i got a new door post for the passenger side also which had just minor rust.
8. the truck has three on the tree,
9. no power steering but it came with power steering stuff off a 76 the p.o never got a chance to put on
10. seats and interior are perfect
11. engine, tranny, and other runing gear are very tight and in perfect condition
12. all bushings body mounts ect.. in excellent shape
13. very small surface rust scattered here and there but nuthing a piece of sand paper would not remove except for passenger side rocker
14. surface rust on the seams of rear inner wheel well but nuthing that cant be easily fixed
15.0 has original paint which is faded
16.0 top is in great shape just surface rust in the gutters
17.0 frame and undercarrige is great as well just mild surface rust

$5700.00

soooooo.....what kinda deal did i get??????

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Thunder Chicken

would love to post pics but havent figured that one out yet...anybody wanna voluenteer there pic post ability?

OP
OP
T

Thunder Chicken

sure enough ...no power steering

i always thought ALL 77 had em but have since found out that many did not??

had disk too but not power brakes ....weird

rhino2104

Gorgeous truck and a decent deal too from the sounds of it. Wish I could find a deal or two like that.

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Horrible.....therefore, you should just sell it to me for $3500 and just cut your losses now!! LOL

Good looking truck and definitely a great start.......NOW, get out there and start wrenching.

73explorer

Loc.
Fayetteville, NC
OMG! - that bronco was from Fries, VA wasnt it? - we had spent all day on the New River and were headed back and i saw it for sale - that one would be in my driveway right now, but mine is at the paint shop and that would have been a stretch - that one was nice. why oh why do you find deals like that when you've maxed out your bank acct - then when you have money burning a hole in your pocket there aint squat.

OP
OP
T

Thunder Chicken

yep that was the one...in fries i mean, sorry you missed out on it, but sounds like you have a nice one in the works

drove two hours to see it!

im sure glad i got it.

have already been working hard on it...

removed tire carrier
took out entire interior to clean and inspect bed...which is close to perfect by the way!
blasted a coupe of small parts that had surface rust primed painted and put back

i have a jd 3.5" lift all shinny new waiting in the garage for her and plan on getting a set of 35's soon as my wallet recovers

meanwhile im going to continue to address the small issues with rust that canme with the truck and get her cleaned up real well

73explorer

Loc.
Fayetteville, NC
after a YEAR in line with the guy who is painting mine (he's good! and at least it was in a covered shelter) he called me and said, ok, you're next - so i bought about $1200 worth of resto stuff from JBG and paid him 1/2 deposit ($2000) - then i run across that one! i was really being a responsible adult here, you just dont find broncos with 29k miles FS but once in a decade. i vowed to get the 2 i have now done by the end of the year, so that would have nullified that plan

- what is wild is that thing sat up there for i know 2 months FS! (could have been more) - it was late July when i saw it. was it advertised or did someone drop you a lead?

glad it went to a member - i didnt even think about posting it here. i've spent some time in that area and there are LOTS of nice broncs around there, people really keep their stuff in good condition in them hills - i remember a SWEEEET orange Ranger in those parts - some ol' geezer with the Moose Lodge owned it, garage kept, low miles, mint condition. its still around there somewhere.