• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Brought home a new 77( what kinda deal did i get?)

OP
OP
T

Thunder Chicken

73 explorer

that guy has only owned it since april believe it or not........IT HAS SPENT THE LAST THIRTY THREE YEARS IN A THE TOWN OF FRIES

he only paid 3300 for it then did bout 2k grand worth of maintenance and up grades to it.

then posted it on craigs list I WENT DOWN THE NEXT DAY TO SEE IT!

when asked why he was selling he told me he was really a chevy guy and just lost interest in it....then he showed me his fully restored 68 camoaro (was AWESOME), A FULLY RESTORED CHEVy TRUCK AND A REAL NICE VETTE.

he really had no idea what he had ....matter of fact it was uncut untill May of this year and he got his saw saw out and went to town one day>>>

muskrat

Bronco Guru
well i stumbled onto a new bronco and could not resist it...here are the specs........

29,900 original miles.!!!!!!

1. front disk brake which has been completly refurbished in last two months
2. brand new 31 " tires on chrome rims
3. new flares
4. p.o installed a new driver side rocker panel and door post
5. p.o also installed a new drivers side floor pan
6. p.o installed all new hoses, new battery, and rear brakes and hoses.
7. i got a new door post for the passenger side also which had just minor rust.
8. the truck has three on the tree,
9. no power steering but it came with power steering stuff off a 76 the p.o never got a chance to put on
10. seats and interior are perfect
11. engine, tranny, and other runing gear are very tight and in perfect condition
12. all bushings body mounts ect.. in excellent shape
13. very small surface rust scattered here and there but nuthing a piece of sand paper would not remove except for passenger side rocker
14. surface rust on the seams of rear inner wheel well but nuthing that cant be easily fixed
15.0 has original paint which is faded
16.0 top is in great shape just surface rust in the gutters
17.0 frame and undercarrige is great as well just mild surface rust

$5700.00

soooooo.....what kinda deal did i get??????

You done good son. Enjoy.

LilRedBronco

Loc.
Belmont, California
OMG! - that bronco was from Fries, VA wasnt it? - we had spent all day on the New River and were headed back and i saw it for sale - that one would be in my driveway right now, but mine is at the paint shop and that would have been a stretch - that one was nice. why oh why do you find deals like that when you've maxed out your bank acct - then when you have money burning a hole in your pocket there aint squat.

My ex wife (Satan's personal trainer) almost drowned on the New River back in late 80s. So needless to say I have fond memories and many fantasies about that river. :eek:

OP nice Bronco very nice. Well done

daydreamer

Loc.
Fayetteville, AR
You got such a good deal...you can throw money at it now!!! LOL
I bought a "good deal" 2yrs ago and am just now getting ready to get it out of the garage....it went in costing $6100.00....rolling out 11K total investment. Just remember that 33yo stuff is 33 years old!

OP
OP
T

Thunder Chicken

thanks for the encouragement ...always to good to hear confirmation from fellow
bronco guys that i got the deal i thought i did....especially when my wife keeps telling me im crazy!!!!

stang67

Loc.
TN
yeah, I did the same thing when I bought mine. I posted pics/description/price and wanted to make sure I didn't just screw up. These guys know what they are talking about on here. The only thing is if you find a good deal they want to buy it and let you break even. LOL!!