• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bucket Seat Suggestions

HuskyRider

Loc.
Roseville, Ca
;D This may sound like a question from a 16 year old inner city type but I’m really a 50-year-old redneck type and seeking some real advice. I need to replace the junk bucket seats in my rusty pos, but need room for an amplifier under the seat also. So I’m thinking of hitting the local pick n' pull to see if I could locate a pair of decent seats with room for the 15” wide amp. Any suggestions of make models of vehicles that would make a good donor? Thanks

Domenic

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
I have a pair from an econoline van. Recline and have armrests too! And there is 4 billion of these around so they are cheap. You kind of see what they look like.

Attachments

• 31307490415.jpg
    31307490415.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 112

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Didn't think to try the Ranger stx seats, have a pair of those with the power lumbar. %)

mustangtoby

Bronco Guru
Loc.
southwest Colorado
Don't know how well they fit, but I have an 86 Bronco XLT, and the buckets in it are by far the most comfortable seats I have ever sat in. They have to be the xlt seats, armrests on both sides, cloth (not vinyl). I have really bad back problems, and these never hurt at the end of a day of off roading. The factory seats in my tj and 69 Bronco both hurt bad.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
I've got those in my '85 plow truck XLT. they are some comfy!

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I picked up a bench out of a 86 Ranger, the Bronco seat tracks fit on very well, only had to drill holes for the rear of the "seat bracket" so that they fit right into the Bronco body mounts.
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108787&highlight=ranger+seat
I believe the buckets fit the exact same way (they interchange on the ranger so I would assume they would on the Bronco).

The more power stuff added I believe the taller they get so I would stick with the archaic.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
SO, you're not just another pretty face?

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Explorer seats will work once you unbolt their tracks and bolt on the Bronco tracks...a little creativity is needed for the pass side...and a couple of holes need to be drilled in the frame (of the seat) on the drivers side. The big issue is height... a friend grabbed some nice Focus sport-seats out of a ZX2 and once mounted they were too tall (he is about 6' 1" or so). Import seats might also work well. Just bear in mind that you want something that sits low...so most Chrylser/Dodge seats are out...as are most "powered" seats.

I scored a set out of a BMW 318...they are a pretty high grade vinyl--I thought they were leather, until I had to have them repaired. Then I was glad they were vinyl. They were immaculate when I got them and are 3 way manually adjustable recliners with quick foward latch...I think I got them for $250 or 300. Also got the belts. They are a little on the high side...but work OK for me.

Good luck.

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
I dont think any seat that is low enough for you to see out the windshield is gonna have enough room under the seat for anything.

I have seats from a Mazda Miata in mine, very comfy, very low to the floor, and cheap, $60 for the set. And they have speakers in the headrest.
the amp would fit in the rear quarters.

backpain

Bronco Guru
I dont think any seat that is low enough for you to see out the windshield is gonna have enough room under the seat for anything.

. . .except passenger side. You can still save some decent space under a thicker seat bottom than stock on the passenger side. My amp is attached to the underside of the pass. seat so a little rain water rolling around won't get it.

OP
OP
H

HuskyRider

Loc.
Roseville, Ca
Well it’s turning into another project; the previous owner welded the driver’s seat to the floor :mad: (not stock seats). Every thing I’ve done to this has turned into a project. Hopefully it will be ready by summer. :cry:

csjr

Loc.
Lighthouse Point, FL
Every thing I’ve done to this has turned into a project. :cry:

Squared on that...there's nothing I touch on my truck that hasn't been hacked and/or abused by a PO. Although a recent hood strut install was fairly simple and quick. One out of 50 isn't too bad I guess...:p

I used a pair out of an early 90's Plymouth Laser--flat moiunting tabs on the sliders. I'm only 5'10" but they're still a bit too high for my taste. Tough to see traffic signals if I'm first couple of cars in line. Beemer seats is a good idea since they are flat "Recaro" style and sporty--my wife used to have an older 320 and those seats were excellent--but will be a bit pricey. Maybe Volkswagen Golf--used to have good seats. Miata is a good idea, and I know someone running Fiero seats and he says they fit him fine (he's like 6'3" and 250+ lbs). Good luck!

OP
OP
H

HuskyRider

Loc.
Roseville, Ca
When I bought the Bronco it looked like maybe a weeks work that was two months ago:eek: . I since did a complete re-wire, hei ignition, 3G alternator, rear bb housing, and lots of cleaning up of the previous owners hack jobs. But I finally drove the Bronco today and it runs, drives fantastic! :cool: Hopefully soon I’ll be able to afford to finish the week’s work..%) Thanks

Domenic

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Awesome!!! Gotta feel good!
Hey Husky, you on the NorCal site? Just checking, seems to be a real good local group over there.

OP
OP
H

HuskyRider

Loc.
Roseville, Ca
Yes I am...Great site and people. I've even picked up a few parts and given away parts there. :cool: Support is very important when you own a eb ;D