• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Buggy spring to add more flex?

flexxxy74

Loc.
bayville
Has anyone done or know anything about
adding a buggy leaf in the rear of an EB?
Either just a buggy leaf or 3 or 4 link with
duel shackels in the rear. looking for a little
more flex but wanting to be different
and of course on a budget. thanks

OP
OP
flexxxy74

flexxxy74

Loc.
bayville
bugin leaf bronco

has anyone seen the red bronco in broncodriver
that has done the four link with duel shackels and
buugy leaf?I have been trying to find info on it or similar

Fugly

Loc.
Las Vegas
I looked into this. To properly have it done you are going to have to build mounts off to the side of the frame where your buggy leaf will attatch, because the bronco spring mounts are not underneath like a yota. You also are going to have to move your spring perches and then put a ladder bar on there for antiwrap. I think its do-able I just decided that I have too many other projects on my plate. %)

crab

Bronco Guru
What about going with the Fox Float shock. I have a buddy that is running them on his '86 blazer. They come with what every spring rate you want and you could just remove all but a couple leafs to keep the axle centerd and add a traction bar to prevent axle wrap. My buddy was launching his blazer well over 6' to the bottom of his 37" boggers and the shocks worked great :eek:

gddyap

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Mtn View, CA
With stock radius arms, the rear will flex more than the front. You should work on getting more flex from the front with a wristed/hinged arm, extended arms, a BCB "wristed" housing, or linked suspension. If you want more flex in the rear, it would be easier to put in some longer springs and move the shackle hangers back.

76Broncofromhell

Bronco Totalitarian
Loc.
Reno, NV
Have you ever driven something with buggy leafs? Complete garbage. It is the most redneck way to get flex I've ever seen. They drive terrible and make your rig so unsafe on sidehills you'd be afraid to drive it out of your driveway.

Wagoneer rear springs will fit on there almost perfectly and outlfex just about any stock-style spring for far less money than a lift spring. I will have a write-up on this in a few weeks.

68 Broncoholic

Bronco Guru
Loc.
WA
Yeah, too sloppy for the rear. If you get another set of 3.5" front coils, they work OK in the rear. Weld the buckets on and make a 4 link. Its still soft but more control due to the light weight in the rear for those front springs. They flex great though...