• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

building longer radius arms

What should I use @ rear of longer tube radius arms?

• stock bushongs

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • rod end joint

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • currie johnny joint

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters

griff

Loc.
solvang, ca
My friend is going to build me some longer radius arms. We are going to use some bushings in the front like the cage and duff arms, but I am undecided what to use at the rear of the arm. I'm looking at either stock bushings, rod end joints, or johnny joints. I would like to hear what other people think about the pros and cons of each.

I will be using the bronco for rock crawling and playing in the desert. Possibly even pre-running with friends in Baja, so I'm looking for what works the best, is most reliable, and fixable if it does break.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
If your planning to use it for higher speed prerunning I would say bushings. You can still get respectable fle out of them and they will help soak up the rough terrain at speeds. I suspect the rod ends will get a slight bit more flex but they transfer more through them to the frame. I have pics of mine on the ramp in my build up thread below to get an idea of what bushings are capable of with the right setup. One of these days I'll probably try a set of rod ends just to see if that makes a difference.

OP
OP
griff

griff

Loc.
solvang, ca
ya, I'm not seeing any cons to the stock bushings. Right now I have a wristed arm and it flexes great, and with the wristed arm being shorter you are asking alot more of the bushings. I think the long arms would be better dual purpose though.

stlkikn

Just hit the "contact us" button on the left of their page.
They are usually very busy, but they will get back to you with answers for any of your questions. Any prices you are quoted will be in Canadian $$.