• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bumpers

Shimmy

Contributor
1977 Bronco
Loc.
Maple Valley
i think it depends on condition and how attached you are to the originals. only you can answer that

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
Around here chrome is getting really expensive to triple plate some of us going to Nogales Mexico and you hope you get it back. they do pretty nice work but I bet you they’re going to shut them all down in the United States if things keep going the way they are because of the hazardous waste.

Jonathan_Cole

I just went through this same thing. I wanted to have my 66 bumpers repaired but I haven't found anyone nearby to do them.

I ended up buying a set of replacements from wild horses.

If I find somewhere to get mine repaired I'd still like to get them done.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I don’t know if anything has changed in the last 20 years or so, but every one of the “chrome“ powder coats that I used looked more like polished aluminum.
They were good looking, and really did look like polished aluminum. But polished aluminum doesn’t look anything like chrome.

Shimmy

Contributor
1977 Bronco
Loc.
Maple Valley
I don’t know if anything has changed in the last 20 years or so, but every one of the “chrome“ powder coats that I used looked more like polished aluminum.
They were good looking, and really did look like polished aluminum. But polished aluminum doesn’t look anything like chrome.
Exactly!! do not get it expecting chrome. nothing replaces a true chrome finish.